forum

[Forum] Add sub-forums for skinning

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Maiz94
It would be easy to find, search and download if the skinning forum section is divided into 4 sub-forums which is :

1) Standard
2) Taiko
3) Catch the beat
4) osu!mania
theowest
hmm, or maybe we could mark them somehow and then be able to filter them (but I doubt this will be possible).

I actually think this would be pretty useful, but I'm not sure how active it's going to turn out. Right now you just have to look hard enough if you want to find the game mode skin you're looking for. Many skins are even skinned to include all game modes, which is recommended.
[Luanny]
I don't think it would be really useful
better mark the topic with icons or that stuff similar to the support forum
theowest

[Luanny] wrote:

I think this is the best idea actually, we need ctb and osu!mania icons for this thing

and just let the OP of the topic or a forum moderator change them once a topic exists. Currently anyone can come and change them in the skinning forum.
Stefan

theowest wrote:

and just let the OP of the topic or a forum moderator change them once a topic exists. Currently anyone can come and change them in the skinning forum.
Gosh really? Why is this possible? I mean I really see no function at the current settings. However, supporting what theo said.
theowest
I'm just going to make a request myself then. t/123778/
I'll be discussing the ability to add your own topic icon for skinning topics with other moderators.
RBRat3

theowest wrote:

[Luanny] wrote:

I think this is the best idea actually, we need ctb and osu!mania icons for this thing

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the . Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a .
Full Tablet

RBRat3 wrote:

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the . Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a .
That's scarily fast.
TouchFluffyTail
As someone who messes around a lot with skins, and as such is in the skinning section a lot, I've really noticed that quite a lot of question and help threads get posted. As an example 5 of the 16 non-sticky threads currently on page one in the forum are help threads or skin requests. Which if you read this announcement sticky in the forum aren't allowed, and should be relegated to this thread, which is all fine and dandy, except a large majority of people don't actually read these things.

I believe a big sub-forum at the top of the page would illustrate this much better than stickies the majority of people skip over. It could also serve to cut down and restructure some of the announcements and stickies the forum currently has, since it does house quite a few. Which would in-turn allow more skin releases to stay on page one view. :)
deadbeat
bumping cause of merge.
i kinda would like to see a help & questions sub section. this thread already exists, though having it all cramped into 1 thread might not be the best idea :<
jemhuntr
So like a support subforum under skinning? I'd love to see that. It would definitely bring more order. If all questions and help threads will be moved to this subforum, the main skinning forum will only contain threads that are actually for skin browsing and downloads.
deadbeat
bumping this request cause i do want at least 1 subforum to move non skin threads leaving the main section for original skins only