forum

How do I time this?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Lavi]
I'm trying to time out a megamix and it increases in bpm at different times throughout. Like increase from 84 to 102 in the span of 27 seconds. It increases at a steady rate when it does increase, but glow do I get that timed correctly?
speedinzOSU
set the bpm to 84 and when the 102 part happens set it to 102 or change the bpm to 1 more every couple of seconds until it works correctly. it can cause some issues with sliders though
Topic Starter
[Lavi]

speedinzOSU wrote:

set the bpm to 84 and when the 102 part happens set it to 102 or change the bpm to 1 more every couple of seconds until it works correctly. it can cause some issues with sliders though
So if I did that where I just make it abrupt, I'd most likely have to mess with beat snap right?
WitherMite
if you snap the redlines to the ticks of the previous you shouldnt need to mess with beat snap at all, it has nothing to do with timing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauZuMPgiQw&t

pishifat has a video to help with all kinds of timing, the one youre talking about is variable bpm
speedinzOSU

Maya1130 wrote:

speedinzOSU wrote:

So if I did that where I just make it abrupt, I'd most likely have to mess with beat snap right?
Most likely, but it isnt that hard if its that low of BPM im assuming
Topic Starter
[Lavi]

WitherMite wrote:

if you snap the redlines to the ticks of the previous you shouldnt need to mess with beat snap at all, it has nothing to do with timing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauZuMPgiQw&t

pishifat has a video to help with all kinds of timing, the one youre talking about is variable bpm
Dang, if I have to have that good of an ear I guess maybe I should wait till I have some more experience under my belt. I struggle just finding the first offset so this just seems a little too much right now