forum

osu!cleaner Updated | Darkmode, more files recognized [Fork]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TroubleChute

Hey.
I found osu!cleaner recently and found it useful, but very limited. It's a great idea and well executed. The code is open-source, so I took it upon myself to bring the 2+ year old code to life again. (The post I found this on is 2-years old, and mentions that it was created 2 years prior... So maybe it's 4 years old?)

Original GitHub and thread that this project was forked from.

Updated version download: https://github.com/TcNobo/TcNo-osu-Cleaner

What it does:
This program lets you search your osu! song library and choose to move or delete any (or all) of the following: storyboards, video, skins, backgrounds, hitsounds, (with my new version:) leftover files and uncommon leftover files from map developers.
I've personally found a few RARs that don't belong in songs from the creation of beatmaps.

I personally saved 6GB of my 50GB song collection ONLY by deleting the hitsounds and skin elements. 12% saved. I could have saved up to around 16GB had I chose to delete video backgrounds and the rest. You can save space too, using these simple settings if you use a custom skin.
A friend saved 5.2GB of his 22GB library. 23% saved.
A YouTube viewer (of the tutorial below) saved 46GB of their 99GB library! 46% saved!

How to use:
1. Navigate to your osu! folder if it's not already detected.
2. Make a selection of what you're comfortable deleting/moving from your beatmap collection.
3. Click "Find"
4. Wait for the list to populate, then select any (or all) of the files you're comfortable deleting.
(There's a "Select all" and "Unselect all" option below the list).
5. Click "Delete" or check the "Move to 'Cleaned' instead of removing", then the "Move" button to see effects of the tool before committing to deleting files.

Assuming you've "moved" files instead of deleting them, you can click "See Files" to see all the moved files. Moving all the folders in the now opened "Cleaned" folder back to your songs folder will restore all changes made by the program.

Complete video guide:
https://youtu.be/YcYYcjFkCWM

What does my new version offer?
- More files are recognised, including video formats (The original only recognised .avi and .flv files)
- Darkmode
- Uncommon/Leftover file detection
- Improved performance (of osu!cleaner)
- Right-Click Context menu to Open Files, Open Folders and copy their path
- Future updates to the program (The original seems to be mostly abandoned)

Screenshots:
Original screenshots for reference:
Justa
Can confirm that it does work properly. Thanks man, saved me 4Gb of space.
PeaceWar549
I saw TechNobo's Video and it made my osu! songs founder go from 14.4 GB to 7.08 GB
gowon
The performance difference from this to the original is amazing dude. Great job.
Topic Starter
TroubleChute
That's great to hear :)
Thanks for the messages. Do let me know if there's anything I should add to this
VanillaKeksik
Bro can you add option to delete gamemodes, like in original one?
Down16IQ

VanillaKeksik wrote:

You can delete other mods by setting a filter in search engine in game like mode=o for std, mode=m for mania etc. Then just click F3, Delete, Delete all visible maps
gowon

Down16IQ wrote:

VanillaKeksik wrote:

You can delete other mods by setting a filter in search engine in game like mode=o for std, mode=m for mania etc. Then just click F3, Delete, Delete all visible maps
This usually doesn't work if you have too many maps, the game just crashes after a while.