forum

[Archived] osu! Live streaming only supports "Osu!" and not "osu!"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724
A game client I use (Evolve) recently got support for streaming games to Twitch.tv, and it updates the status on Twitch to reflect what game is actually being played.

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Live_streaming_osu! Mentions you need to use "Osu!" for streams to be automatically published to http://osu.ppy.sh/p/live

However, the client I use, since it publishes the actual game name, uses "osu!" instead.
theowest
Now that's tricky. I guess the best solution would be to bother the guys at Twitch.tv to fix the game name to be "osu!" instead of "Osu!".
I believe peppy did try to do something about that before, but not sure what could be done.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Hmm, couldn't osu!'s live stream page just grab data for both "Osu!" and "osu!"? If the main developer couldn't get Twitch to change the name, I somehow doubt I'll have any better luck :/
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Bump
RBRat3
This may possibly be a crude workaround but does renaming the exe to Osu!.exe fix this? (assuming its going off of whats "REALLY" launched)

Also did you actually try to see if it was case sensitive? It takes a good 10-30min before I show up in that list usually.
peppy
I don't believe this is soemthing which should be fixed at our end. Maybe get this game client you are mentioning to add support for adjusting game names?
RBRat3
I just tried to change the game name from twitch to see if it would show up in that list but It wont even let me use "osu!".
Topic Starter
Espionage724

RBRat3 wrote:

This may possibly be a crude workaround but does renaming the exe to Osu!.exe fix this? (assuming its going off of whats "REALLY" launched)

Also did you actually try to see if it was case sensitive? It takes a good 10-30min before I show up in that list usually.
Na; the game profile page on Evolve is osu! and it pretty much reports that to Twitch.

peppy wrote:

I don't believe this is soemthing which should be fixed at our end. Maybe get this game client you are mentioning to add support for adjusting game names?
I could inquire about it but it might seem kind of strange why they shouldn't report the actual game name to Twitch :/
Topic Starter
Espionage724

RBRat3 wrote:

I just tried to change the game name from twitch to see if it would show up in that list but It wont even let me use "osu!".

peppy wrote:

Is it too much to ask to just have Twitch use "osu!" instead of "Osu!"? Or the scrapping page to poll for also "osu!" and "Osu!"?

I don't think it would be an out-of-the-way request for the Evolve developers, but it just seems like a really.. strange request is all.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Just another inquiry bump :)
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Another inquiry bump :)
Nyari
Stop being lazy and change it manually. It's not hard. Just log in and go to your channel, there should be a button that says "ADMIN" click that then there should be 2 buttons that pop up from that one is "View" and the other one is "Edit". Click edit to change title, game you're playing and fix your livestream's description. If you cant do that with your evolve thing, just use OBS.
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Empressmiku wrote:

Stop being lazy and change it manually. It's not hard. Just log in and go to your channel, there should be a button that says "ADMIN" click that then there should be 2 buttons that pop up from that one is "View" and the other one is "Edit". Click edit to change title, game you're playing and fix your livestream's description. If you cant do that with your evolve thing, just use OBS.
It's not about me being lazy or not...

The point I was trying to make is, Evolve sends the game title with the title "osu!", which is the proper gamename, but osu!'s livestream page only scrapes for "Osu!". I was mainly wondering why it was only scrapping for "Osu!".

If I heard right, Twitch uses game titles from Giant Bomb. http://www.giantbomb.com/osu/3030-23676/ also shows the title as "Osu!". So maybe the title could just be changed there?
Nyari
And you can't change the game name manually from your channel?
Topic Starter
Espionage724

Empressmiku wrote:

And you can't change the game name manually from your channel?
I probably could (haven't tried), but this is pretty much covering up a problem instead of actually trying to solve it...

The game name is "osu!". Evolve properly sends the game name as "osu!", and Twitch detects me playing "osu!". The "issue" is, osu!'s Livestream page scrapes for "Osu!". I'm wondering if there's a reason why, and if it could be fixed. If I really didn't care at all, I'd just change the channel name manually, but this isn't the case (I actually care :p)...
Nyari
The only way that peppy would be able to fix it from his point is adding "osu!" to the query that looks for livestreams. But yeah, I guess Peppy could talk to twitch to change the name to "osu!" rather than "Osu!". But for now the only fix is for you not being lazy.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Just another inquiry bump.