forum

Order songs by most common BPM

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Dooms
I look through my list whenever I click order by BPM, and Nano - Blackboard is all the way at the bottom because it's highest bpm for a total of 2 seconds is in the 2400's, but the rest of the song is 248.

I'm also trying to learn how to play faster BPM's, but all of the songs are completely out of order when it comes to BPM because they have a random 2-3 second spot where the BPM goes up extremely, or the BPM goes up for a small part of the song (but still feels like the main bpm).

Since you can see what the most common BPM is now, I figured it would be alright to suggest ordering songs by their most common BPM. I searched for BPM, got tons and tons of results that I couldn't look all the way through, so not sure if this has been already suggested. Sorry if it has been :(.
MillhioreF
The closest thing would be this thread, but that's kinda vague and unclear. I'll leave this thread here for another mod to decide.
Aqo
Please change title of thread to 'median' instead of 'average'.

And yeah support. Really, the bpm sorting should sort by the median by default and not by the highest.
Topic Starter
Dooms
Fixed :). Thank you for pointing that out!
TheVileOne
It should sort by most common. The average and median BPM serve no purpose, because neither are displayed in the BPM information in the display.
-GN

TheVileOne wrote:

It should sort by most common. The average and median BPM serve no purpose, because neither are displayed in the BPM information in the display.
Yeah, this. Median BPM doesn't have any actual advantages over most common, and you'd get incorrect/irrelevant numbers for songs that only increase or decrease in BPM once throughout the song.
Aqo
Wait what did I write
yes I meant most common
the thing in the brackets
Sakura

Aqo wrote:

Wait what did I write
This:

Aqo wrote:

Please change title of thread to 'median' instead of 'average'.
Topic Starter
Dooms
Oh yeah, fixed it to say most common :p.
theowest
I feel like it would be more useful to just be able to search by a BPM and see BPMs around it even. t/123169
Doesn't make this request less valid though. This is trying to improve the current BPM sorting/grouping behaviour.
Aquamarine
Stars~please and thank you.