forum

How fast is the mapping rate of average mapper in general?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight
This is just something I'm really curious. I have seen some comments in subforum they mapped Turbo - Padoru (30s) in 15 minutes and an anime song (90s) in below 2 hours, however my average speed is 1 hours for 5 seconds of the song. The rate is very weird for each people, I mean it is no wonder with sticking and polishing their styles, but for an average mapper, how far can a 1 hour map? 20 seconds? 1 min?
Zelzatter Zero
Depends. For me I can even map the whole 5 min song in like just an hour if I have the motivation.
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Depends. For me I can even map the whole 5 min song in like just an hour if I have the motivation.
What the hell is with that speed
Asphiee
Hmm 1 hour eh?

I'd say if the song is not really challenging and you're not obliged to brainstorm some unusual placements... I could map 20-30 seconds (just a very rough guess)

Yea for a "plain" TV Size song, I could finish it up for about 3-4 hours with no breaks. As for full versions I tend to think of some cool patterns and concept so it would take a week I guess

However when making TV Size even how "plain" it is I always thought of thinking about a doable concept in advance before placing anything. My Clover Wish set is a good example for that.
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight

Asphyre wrote:

Hmm 1 hour eh?

I'd say if the song is not really challenging and you're not obliged to brainstorm some unusual placements... I could map 20-30 seconds (just a very rough guess)

Yea for a "plain" TV Size song, I could finish it up for about 3-4 hours with no breaks. As for full versions I tend to think of some cool patterns and concept so it would take a week I guess

However when making TV Size even how "plain" it is I always thought of thinking about a doable concept in advance before placing anything. My Clover Wish set is a good example for that.
That's fairly fast compared to me, if I map lower diff (3*~4*) I make sure the patterns and structure are in top notch to my mapping skill, I'd say I map 12 to 15 seconds in an hour
Asphiee

- Mahiro - wrote:

That's fairly fast compared to me, if I map lower diff (3*~4*) I make sure the patterns and structure are in top notch to my mapping skill, I'd say I map 12 to 15 seconds in an hour
Ahh the mapping style for that set is inspired in 2014-ish, you can see the simple and the leniency in object placement there 😊 the unrestricted placements are kinda cute to see ngl since I pretty much map contrary the style I use in clover wish.

I used to be very slow though but after I got back to mapping after 2 months of hiatus, I kinda decided that mapping without a break if necessary is great since it allows you to not lose the momentum and consistency of your style and logic you apply in that particular song.
aiq
theoretically, i would be able to finish a tv size map in around 2-3 hours if i had the motivation

in reality, i don't even reach the kiai before giving up
Asphiee

Blackeei wrote:

theoretically, i would be able to finish a tv size map in around 2-3 hours if i had the motivation

in reality, i don't even reach the kiai before giving up
theoritically i could also map 3 minute full versions in 2 days

in reality, ill just ditch it and lose motivation midway
abraker
It takes me forever to map something in mania. 30 seconds of song takes me like 3 hours maybe, and then a month for the rest.
lewski
I can finish a tv size pretty comfortably in 4h as long as I'm in my comfort zone; if I'm mapping something I'm not used to it takes longer. Most people I've talked about this with are about that fast or faster, but there are also some people who put a massive amount of brain in their maps which makes them go pretty slowly
qwt
for me It takes up to a couple to map a 2 minute song

others it takes a day

there's no average rate
Uniform
it takes me around 1 hour to map a super generic tv size song. if i actually think while it map it would take 1 hour to map ~50 seconds.
Chiru-kun
It takes me up 1 or 1.5 hours for about 30 seconds of a map since I think too hard about it than you would an average tv size song (I do e to 4 mins). Good tradeoff though

My best is about... 1.5 hours for 60??? seconds, since I was trying a new style I was inspired with
McEndu
And does these count remaps?
Asphiee

McEndu wrote:

And does these count remaps?
Pretty much, yeah
Corne2Plum3
In 1 hour I make ~45 seconds of a map without hitsounds...