forum

Ranked map seems to have wrong offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Juuuuuuuuul
If someone want to double check, maybe it's from my computer,
but i doubt because when i check other ranked maps, i found the offset seems correct.

This one seems around 15-20ms late from audio.
beatmapsets/1094596#osu/2287666

I tried deleting then downloading the map again,
it change nothing (i tried this because sometimes, it fix offset issues).

I've already seen ranked maps with forced offset.

Where to report a ranked map with a wrong offset ?

thanks !
Asphiee
maps are checked thoroughly by BNs AND NATs before qualifying them and eventually pushing it for ranked within 7 days of no DQ from a BN.

So with that taken on account, I suggest you going in the maps mod discussion in Discussions and check mods related with offset stuffs.

Note that what I said above about ranking is just what I heard from other mappers, so correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S eiri- is a BN and mapper of taiko and std modes
Topic Starter
Juuuuuuuuul
Thanks for the answer, i already know about the ranking process.
I'm asking because the map is already ranked.
Asphiee
I'll let the BN answer this for you.
Petal
I don't think we can do much to correct offset/timing on a ranked map, really old maps have problems like this but again I don't think we can do anything about it besides setting an online offset recommendation for players (which unfortunately in most cases won't change much). The timing itself is playable so, I guess that's that. There's always local offset so if you feel like the map is off you can do that.
Topic Starter
Juuuuuuuuul
Thanks for your answer,
I see "online offset" often on several maps, and that's not only very old maps.

There are example of what i'm speaking about :

This map is from avr.2012.

This one is from sept.2020.

Since it seems BN can't do that,
who is doing this ?

I already know about local offset and i'm using it for minor issues,
but that's not the topic of my thread.
Asphiee
Better confront the nominators then and NAT since they're partly responsible for this matter.

That's why I told you to check the mods in Discussion so you would know the reason behind the issue, you should at least do that much considering how much you're focusing on a map that has been already ranked.

There's no way to file a report unless it's in Qualified state (hence the reason why I stated that there's no BN who DQd it means the mapper and the nominator have finally reached consensus)
Topic Starter
Juuuuuuuuul
I'm not speaking about DQing, i don't know why you think this.
And i already checked the discussion pages and mods.
Checking in discussion pages for mods is what i did at first, even before writing this thread.

I'm asking a simple and legit question.
Those "online offsets" exist for a reason, and i want knowledge about it.
TheKingHenry
from old discussion on this

VeilStar wrote:

"Online Offset" is the offset set by a QAT (or GMT, if I recall correctly). It's basically used if the map has an incorrect offset but has already been ranked. This way the map gets played at the correct offset (in multiplayer for example) without the user having to manually adjust it.
I'm pretty sure there used to be a wiki page on online offset as well, but doesn't exist anymore (gives page not found) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case, you should probably get in touch with NAT for this. Whether or not online offset is a thing still and whoever applies it if it is, that should probably get you forward with this
Topic Starter
Juuuuuuuuul
Thanks for your answer, that was exactly what i was looking for.
(i think a wiki article about it should be bring back)