forum

Who needs other games when there's osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
philipov
Hello everyone; my name is Philip. I'll be turning 30 this year, and I'm an addict. I first heard about osu! through the sc2 scene, but after trying it a couple years ago, it didn't really catch me. I picked it up again about a month ago after getting beatmaps for songs I actually liked, and now I find I play nothing else.

I'm a mouse-only player, and I've quickly abandoned easier difficulties because they don't mesh well with my overall levels of caffeine consumption, and have been playing almost exclusively on hard/insane (although I'm terrible at most of them still.) I'm enjoying pushing my hand muscles and reflexes to their limit, and steadily increasing that limit. I find jumping triplets/streams to be the most difficult mechanic as a mouse-only user, because my accuracy goes way down when I'm trying to stream in the middle of rapid mouse movements, but mastering these has also offered the greatest return on investment in terms of improvement.

I have to admit, however, that I've toned down the difficulty the last couple days, because my torn muscles need some time to regenerate and achieve their full new strength, so I'm using this opportunity to play lower difficulties again and get over the pitfall of only playing fast maps.

EDIT: And I swear this is my first post. Mhmm. There is no record of any other post, so it must be true!
Aoriki
Welcome welcome, Philip.
(...that name reminds me of The Rugrats)
theowest

philipov wrote:

and I'm an addict.
..I hope that's addicted to osu!

anyway, welcome to our community!
If you ever need any help, join the #help channel or send a PM to me.
Topic Starter
philipov

theowest wrote:

anyway, welcome to our community!
If you ever need any help, join the #help channel or send a PM to me.
Thanks! And of course I mean osu! :)
Backfire
Wow 30? Arent u a little old 2 b clicking circles young man?

Kidding of course. You're not old until you have to go to an old folks home.
Annnnyways, welcome. This community is scary but you're off to a nice start o/ Have fun.
Irisu_old
Welcome to the osu! forums. I remember playing standard, but I just seemed to be getting worse and quit :p Enjoy browsing the forums.
dNextGen
you'll get tired of this game eventually as the time passes by ~

welcomen anyway
Sakura
Welcome to osu!

If you need any help feel free to ask me or any other Admin, we don't bite :P
Zalaria
Lol skipping right to the hard/insane lvls are we? Good for you! ^^ I too am practicing (and failing) some of them, but you will gradually get better. I am also an osu! addict xp Welcome to the game! ^w^
Marcin

Sakura wrote:

Welcome to osu!

If you need any help feel free to ask me or any other Admin, we don't bite :P
Don't lie, loctav does.

Avoid admins they will kill you on sight
RBRat3
WELCOME! BTW You know if you play osu! till you're 30 you become a wizard!
Kunieda
Oh gosh, your 30?!
I guess you wanna to married.....
Anyway, welcome~
Twaintoss

RBRat3 wrote:

WELCOME! BTW You know if you play osu! till you're 30 you become a wizard!
YES!!! I knew it! In 11 years they will laugh, but what will they say if I can finally shoot Fireballs after 12 years???
....Err...Okay...

Welcome welcome.
Seriously, playing insane right after start is impressive. Still suck badly on this difficulty...

(Maybe I should try this caffeine trick too?)
AliceSuyeong
Welcome Philip-kun~ (*O*)
Stefan
Oh, I already had the pleasure to talk with you in the Chat.
Welcome in the Forums!
Moway
Awesome, I also found this game through SC2 so we can be bros like that.

Welcome!
Futurola

philipov wrote:

Hello everyone; my name is Philip. I'll be turning 30 this year, and I'm an addict. I first heard about osu! through the sc2 scene, but after trying it a couple years ago, it didn't really catch me. I picked it up again about a month ago after getting beatmaps for songs I actually liked, and now I find I play nothing else.

I'm a mouse-only player, and I've quickly abandoned easier difficulties because they don't mesh well with my overall levels of caffeine consumption, and have been playing almost exclusively on hard/insane (although I'm terrible at most of them still.) I'm enjoying pushing my hand muscles and reflexes to their limit, and steadily increasing that limit. I find jumping triplets/streams to be the most difficult mechanic as a mouse-only user, because my accuracy goes way down when I'm trying to stream in the middle of rapid mouse movements, but mastering these has also offered the greatest return on investment in terms of improvement.

I have to admit, however, that I've toned down the difficulty the last couple days, because my torn muscles need some time to regenerate and achieve their full new strength, so I'm using this opportunity to play lower difficulties again and get over the pitfall of only playing fast maps.

EDIT: And I swear this is my first post. Mhmm. There is no record of any other post, so it must be true!
Philip just saying, your a boss. Just wow.