forum

Help! How do I change the kpbs of a song in a finished beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
White Hare
You see, I just finished this map and decided to read the guidelines to submit it just in case. It says the audio file must be 192 kpbs or less and the audio I chose is 320 kbps. Can I change the audio now that I finished the map, or can I swap (like a copy-paste) the beatmap itself somehow to a suitable (128 kbps) version of the song? I almost lost the beatmap's data and I don't know what to do! I feel it should be an easy task but here I am.
lewski
you can just change the audio file:
1. create or obtain a suitable file (for the sake of everyone with an ear for audio quality use 192kbps not 128)
2. rename that file so that it has the same name as the current audio file in the map (probably "audio.mp3" unless you changed it after importing it, which I doubt you did)
3. replace the old file with the new one and reload or restart osu or do whatever it takes to get the game to recognise the new file

you may need a different offset for your map with the new audio file:
1. find the new offset and note the difference between it and the old offset
2. open the timing panel (F6)
3. select all of your timing points with for example ctrl+A (except any that you already updated)
4. in the top left of the timing panel, enter the correct amount of time in milliseconds to move the timing points by (this is the difference from step 1) and click move
5. click ok. you can check "Adjust bookmarks and audio preview" if you want them to move along with the timing points you just moved
6. select all objects (ctrl+A) and wiggle them on the timeline so that they're in the correct time again