forum

Unsubmitting WIP map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonic-
So recently I edited a beatmap for an upcoming local tourney im hosting (and alrd got permission from the original creator) and I submitted it. I then realise that the tourney is starting in next two months and players may find my map in my userpage thus "leaking" a part of the mappool.

So, Is there a way to unsubmit my WIP map?
Aeonian Sonder
I think the only way is by letting the map graveyard itself and then deleting it from there.
Topic Starter
Sonic-

Aeonian Sonder wrote:

I think the only way is by letting the map graveyard itself and then deleting it from there.
Aight cheers !
Gorou
you can replace the map files with another map so then it basically becomes another map so u wont leak it

basically like changing metadata and the song file and the background and the map itself
Aeonian Sonder
Oh, I never though about that. That's so clever.
Endaris

Aeonian Sonder wrote:

Oh, I never though about that. That's so clever.
Do not do this if the map has already received any mod or any sizeable amount of downloads because the map ID will stay the same so people who had your "previous" map and press update will get the new one. For maps that already received mods you may even receive punishment for abusing the beatmap submission system.

In general, try to avoid this issue by not uploading every new song where you mapped 3 circles but try to get to a decent degree of completion where it already has gameplay value before you submit it.
lewski

Endaris wrote:

In general, try to avoid this issue by not uploading every new song where you mapped 3 circles but try to get to a decent degree of completion where it already has gameplay value before you submit it.
wow this sounds super copy pasted lol its not relevant to this case in any way since it isnt about upload slots
Endaris

lewski wrote:

Endaris wrote:

wow this sounds super copy pasted lol its not relevant to this case in any way since it isnt about upload slots
Serves me right for only reading the title and replies lol. Was still handwritten.
Probably would've checked more carefully if it had been titled unsubmitting tournament map or something. xD