forum

What now?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SirSlopps
So I have finished my first beatmap, gotten it modded, and refined it into a state that I believe to be presentable for review. But I'm not really sure what steps to take from here. Am I to post it somewhere? Get it modded again? Or should I simply wait?
yaspo
The mods are the review! You could ask around for more mods, but it's never a bad idea to apply the things you learned from this map in your next one. I posted a bit of modding/advice on your map's discussion page to help with that.

As for pushing it for ranked, it's generally recommended to try improving at mapping first. Lots of first maps (including this one unfortunately) end up never being "ready" for ranked because the mapper doesn't have the experience to fix their mistakes, even with remapping. Beginning mappers can usually more easily surpass that by mapping more; gaining said experience. If you're really set on it you'll need a hard difficulty though.

Good luck either way!
Topic Starter
SirSlopps
Alright, so I am to further refine this difficulty and work on another. I really want to see this song make it to ranked, so any advice at all is appreciated.