Kairi

Satonaka wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Mind = Blown
jonathanlfj

Satonaka wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Mind = Blown
The awkward moment when you realize you recognize every location that the dances took place in
Proudly Canadian \o/
Makar
Canadian collab for above song anybody? I'd have to join for obv reasons ofc *hint hint*
Sumaki
:(
Topic Starter
Haneii
*hugs Suma-chan*
I wish you could come :(

Con Overview and the preview schedule* are now up.

*Note the schedule above isn't the final version (ie: lots of slots are still missing)
mochi
hello.
YodaSnipe
hello.
Satonaka
hello.
those
hello.
Mythol
hello.
Kairi
hello.
YodaSnipe
^no
awp
three seven more days until it's the day before I grace you with my physical presence
those
Tuesday?
Topic Starter
Haneii
Anime North will be the weekend of May 24 - 26, 2013

awwwwp D:
YodaSnipe

Haneii wrote:

awwwwp D:
You'll be yellin' my name when I'm in your room ;)
Spaghetti-san
Seems I won't be able to play with you guys this year :( . My beloved laptop just decided to fail on me today and I couldn't fix it so I had to give it to Best Buy's Geek Squad. They said that I probably will get my laptop repaired or replaced in two weeks.

So yeah, I probably won't be able to play with you guys, but I'll probably drop by and see you guys be pro and stuff.
Gundam-Dude
o

p.s. staiain isn't going anymore, he lacks the funds after going on another trip
awp

Haneii wrote:

awwwwp D:

I fucked up AGAIN. I even fucked up the joke about how I fucked up the date the first time around

that seven was a delta

Haneii, I need you to do the following for me:

Step 1. Friday, May 17th: Remind me to bring my passport to work - I'm going to Buffalo after work, not waiting one more day before going to Toronto
Step 2. Saturday, May 18th: nothing. I'll be out of the country provided you follow through on step 1. If Step 1 fails, remind me not to go ANYWHERE.
Step 3. Tuesday, May 21st: Find me after work (between 5pm and 5:30pm, downtown Guelph) and make sure I don't go to Toronto. Apologize awkwardly to my parents on my behalf; I'm meeting them for dinner that day
Step 4. Saturday, May 25th: remind me to go to Toronto
Step 5. Saturday, May 25th: berate me for forgetting my ticket
Step 6. Saturday, May 25th: remind me to grab my ticket once I get back home
I can take it from there
Topic Starter
Haneii

awp wrote:

Haneii, I need you to do the following for me:
*looks at list* I'll try D:

Someone remind me to remind awp!

I'VE SENT OUT THE PMS. IF YOU'RE GOING TO ANIME NORTH AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY PM FROM ME AS OF YET, SAY SO IN THIS THREAD!!!
(that is, if you want to meet any of us :P. If not, then...yeah :()
awp

Haneii wrote:

I'm on it
YodaSnipe

awp wrote:

Haneii wrote:

I'm on it
Circular logic is win.
Giralda

Haneii wrote:

Write it down on a sticky note! Stick it on the side of your monitor or something~

Or you can just use Yoda as a remembering tool.

:D
YodaSnipe
Haneii can use me as a tool anytime anywhere ;)
Giralda

YodaSnipe wrote:

You never cease to amaze me. :3
YodaSnipe

Giralda wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

You never cease to amaze me. :3
This sounds familiar- oh yeah Haneii was saying this to me last night ;)
Topic Starter
Haneii
7...days

awp wrote:

Haneii wrote:

I'm on it
Take 2. orz
Giralda

Haneii wrote:

7...days

Take 2. orz
So close, yet so far.

Don't worry Haneii - you'll be okay. (:
Soulclenz

YodaSnipe wrote:

My god Yoda, your inappropriateness knows no bounds.
YodaSnipe

Soulclenz wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

My god Yoda, your inappropriateness knows no bounds.
I believe my statement was completely appropriate. I speak no lies!
Topic Starter
Haneii
As requested, here's a convention guide for AN2013 (directed at first time go-ers, but could be helpful to anyone :P)

Anime North 101

Before the convention:

1. Print out all your tickets and confirmations
This includes pre-registration tickets, hotel reservations, moonlight ball tickets etc..

2. Pack your chargers and memory cards
Make sure you have everything you need for your cell phone, iPod, camera, laptops, etc.. Bring your 3DS to rake up hundreds of street passes ;)

3. Wear comfortable shoes
Title says it all. You’ll be doing A LOT of walking. If you’re cosplaying, bring an alternate pair of shoes that you can slip into once your feet start aching.

4. Money!
If possible, stop and get cash BEFORE coming to the convention. You’ll want to avoid ATM’s at the convention. The line-ups are huge D: (heads up: DVD’s and figurines can get pretty expensive so make sure you have enough for all your expenses at the con! This way you won’t have to starve because you couldn’t part without that Axel PVC figure!)

5. Take a comfortable/light bag with you

Have a bag with you to carry all your personal items and, later, your purchases.

6. PACK WATER

STAY HYDRATED! Always have a water bottle on you. You’ll be surrounded by 20K people in hot weather (usually in the high 20’s °C)

7. Pack snacks

Most of the food options near the convention will have long lines. You can spend more time at the con if you pack some of your own snacks.

8. Research your food options before heading to the con

Look up their locations, menu, etc.. Plan where you wish to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

9. Have a look at the convention’s website in advance

Take note of the events/people you don’t want to miss.

10. Once you get it, DON’T FORGET YOUR BADGE.

You’ll need to have this on you at all times. You won’t be allowed into panels, events/activities, or the dealer’s room without it!

11. Plan to show up early for registration

Friday – starts at 1pm
Saturday – starts at 9am
Sunday – starts at 9:30am
If you’ve pre-registered you can pick up your pass on Thursday between 5pm-9pm

At the convention:

1. DRINK WATER! KEEP HYDRATED!
You should have a water bottle on you. You'll also find water stations set up everywhere around and inside the convention. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!

2. Read the Con guide [Try out the guidebook phone app!]
You’ll receive an information booklet with your badge at registration. It’ll contain the con rules and a detailed schedule of events. With a pen or highlighter, mark anything that catches your interest: games, panels, workshops, contests, band performances, dances, autograph sessions, and anime screenings.

3. Be mindful of your (and other’s) cosplay wigs, long trailing bits, and props in crowded spot
s
Try not to jab or hurt anyone with your cosplay and keep a look out yourself. Avoid stepping on someone’s cosplay.

4. Keep checking your phone regularly

You will not hear your phone most of the time! Always check your messages in case someone is trying to get a hold of you!

5. Bus and Transport between Venues
A convention shuttle service will run between the Toronto Congress Center, Doubletree Hotel and the Sheraton Hotel (see pocket program for times). There will be a special shuttle Friday night only to the Marriott Hotel for use by attendees of the Moonlight Ball.

6. Don’t be afraid to split up.
Don’t feel pressured to spend every min with your group of friends. It’s fine to go off to explore on your own or in pairs if you’re part of a large group. No matter how much you and your friends have in common, you won’t all want to do the same thing all of the time!

7. Don't spend the entire time at con doing the same thing.

Don’t just stay in the dealers room shopping or watch anime all day.

8. Take short breaks to do nothing. Just sit back and relax for bit.

9. Don’t wear heavy/thick cosplays or masks at any of the dances.

10. Line up early for big-name events.
Band performances, cosplay/voice/ AMV contests, and awards ceremonies. Get there early to grab a seat!

11. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

Remember to eat, sleep, DRINK WATER, shower, and brush your teeth!

Areas of interest at AN 2013

There is just way too many things going on for me list here, so I’ll just post my personal suggestions (minus panels and workshops!) and I encourage everyone else on this thread to do so as well!

At the Toronto Congress Centre

• Dealer’s Room: 300 tables of anime, manga, and much more, all for sale and waiting for you. Open all weekend.

Anime Themed Wrestling: I find it fun to watch. The wrestlers try to stay cannon throughout the match XD. Friday at 6 PM and Saturday at noon in Hall G.

J-Pop and J-Rave Dances: Dance Friday and Saturday nights away from 8 PM – 2 AM.

Nominochi: A Flea Market of used anime, manga, and assorted merchandise. Friday in Hall F from 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM.

Charity Auction: Help raise money for Sick Kids Hospital at an auction of anime merchandise. Sunday, noon in Hall G.

Otakubaloo: Music and dancing on an outdoor stage. West side of TCC.

Nagata Shachu: Japanese Taiko Drumming performance. Outdoor stage on west side of TCC, Saturday 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM.

At the Sheraton Hotel

• Video Gaming, Retro Arcade, and LAN Party: More computers, new and old, than you can handle. Includes DDR, running all weekend.

Manga Library: Sit down for a bit and read one of the hundreds of volumes available.

At the Double Tree Hotell

• Anime Family Feud - Last year it was a "mahou shoujo showdown": Sailor Scouts vs The Puella Magi of Madoka Magica. Not sure what it'll it be this year but seems fun - Friday at 6pm

Video Game Name That Tune - Friday at 7pm

Karaoke - Friday at 11pm

Anime Name That Tune - Saturday at 10am

Anime Jeopardy followed by MLP Jeopardy - Saturday at 1pm and 2pm, respectively.

Anime Music Video Awards

Anime North Idol Finals - Saturday at 3:30pm

For more times and specifics (ie: types of panels, workshops, game shows/contests/activities) wait for the finished schedule to be posted on the official Anime North website or have a look at it once you receive your booklet at the convention.

Please share any tips you think I've missed/are important to add!
those
Look at Haneii taking care of all of us
YodaSnipe

Haneii wrote:

6. PACK WATER[/b]
STAY HYDRATED! Always have a water bottle on you. You’ll be surrounded by 20K people in hot weather (usually in the high 20’s °C)
Haneii doesn't need a water bottle. She has her own personal sensational hydration station, the best in the nation ;)
Giralda

Haneii wrote:

As requested, here's a convention guide for AN2013 (directed at first time go-ers, but could be helpful to anyone :P)
THANK YOU HANEII. ♥ YOU'RE THE BEST :D
Yoshi_green

Haneii wrote:

As requested, here's a convention guide for AN2013
I'm glad I requested this. It gives me a bit more background knowledge of what to expect, especially the "Before the convention" part :)
Topic Starter
Haneii
Yay! It's actually helpful ^_^ @ Giralda and Yoshi!

So I think the schedule for the weekend has been finalized.

A couple of you guys have asked me if we were still having a group meet - up (outside of the plans for dinner). So far there aren't any plans (that I know of). I'm actually all for a meet - up. I get to meet more of you, and those of you who can't make it to the dinner can have another chance at meeting fellow osu! players.

So far my suggestion for a meet - up is Saturday between 5 - 7pm at the Sheraton. . There are tons of games to play there and we can set up some osu! if anyone wants to. Those of us going to dinner can head to the restaurant together right after.

Any objections?
How many of you would actually show up to this? :P
Yoshi_green

Haneii wrote:

Saturday between 5 - 7pm at the Sheraton.
No problem, seems fine to me ^^

I'll set up a rough itinerary for myself for the time being.

And yes, I want to play osu!
So if everything goes as to plan, I can meet up with you guys in the gaming area at Sheraton.

w-wait... is there wi-fi there? (assuming "yes" until confirmation)
show more