forum

Symbol/Icon (Maturity warning) on osu!direct for songs [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
neonat
Sometimes it is stated in the creator's words, a little warning that the song may be a little explicit/vulgar/sexual implications, but you can't see it when using osu!direct. I feel there should be a least a symbol or something that would come with the song when it appears on the right when you click a song, and getting the choice of whether to download it. At least have a minor (?)warning(?) for possibly younger players (13 under?) for songs with vulgarities/explicit words/implications. Make it a little more child-safe?

Not related to BGs: t/97751?hilit=maturity

Example of a vulgar song?: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/21907
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Full Tablet

BRBP wrote:

Adding a warning for swearing would require you to understand the lyrics of that song. 99,9% of the players being weeaboos, no map could be ranked without being checked by someone who speaks japanese.

I had to
Japanese language doesn't have the concept of swear words (just some mean words, but they can appear in any TV broadcast, for example).

The only thing to check would be sexually suggestive lyrics, I think.
Topic Starter
neonat

Full Tablet wrote:

BRBP wrote:

Adding a warning for swearing would require you to understand the lyrics of that song. 99,9% of the players being weeaboos, no map could be ranked without being checked by someone who speaks japanese.

I had to
Japanese language doesn't have the concept of swear words (just some mean words, but they can appear in any TV broadcast, for example).

The only thing to check would be sexually suggestive lyrics, I think.
Well, there is still insultive words in japanese, like this song I have yet to submit.

(It basically means F--- you PTA)

It can be progressive I guess, if someone spots that a song might have some sort of lyrics or meaning that could be deemed vulgar/suggestive/insulting, they could just inform someone or post somewhere or some sort so that the warning can be put up?
Full Tablet
Well, Kutabare is sometimes translated as F--- you, but that depends in the intonation and facial expression of the one that says it. It also can be translated as "Go to hell", "Die", etc...
Topic Starter
neonat

Full Tablet wrote:

Well, Kutabare is sometimes translated as F--- you, but that depends in the intonation and facial expression of the one that says it. It also can be translated as "Go to hell", "Die", etc...
Just an example, cuz well, the song itself starts with the singer saying Fxxx you, so I'm just using it as an example.
theowest
duplicate and invalid
t/117009/

theowest wrote:

Notify a BAT/Admin about maps that are NSFW.

We will most likely never see this label, duplicates:
t/103752
t/97751
t/90039