forum

Is a map that has a diff above 10 stars rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DecayAnt
Read the title.
Cerno
There are only 3 10* ranked at the moment

Flowering Night Fever
Last Resort
Flying Out To The Sky

And all of em are mapped by famous mappers (Ekoro, Kroytz and Sotarks)

The likelihood for a 10* to get ranked is pretty much impossible, even if it’s mapped in high quality
Zelzatter Zero

Cerno wrote:

There are only 3 10* ranked at the moment

Flowering Night Fever
Last Resort
Flying Out To The Sky

And all of em are mapped by famous mappers (Ekoro, Kroytz and Sotarks)

The likelihood for a 10* to get ranked is pretty much impossible, even if it’s mapped in high quality
not to mention that the first one has a long phrase of being in Loved section before, while the other two had experienced controversy both before and after rank.

So to answer your question: Technically yes, but practically no.
DeletedUser_13957006
yes it is rankable but 200% of people in the osu community are gonna compain about it
Adinda
rankable but for plays always hard
Sophie Twilight
Any diff is rankable, as long it is properly mapped and represents the song well. But there are so many new mappers that blame the modders and BNs "for not ranking their maps" without even understanding why. Their maps are even worse than Cheri's, ultra overmapped and no structure at all, since those are their "first maps." I have seen a lot of new mappers with this mindset, as I used to be one of them, too. Ranking is way too complex. don't bother trying for rank when you map something like 9* and above.
Zelzatter Zero
take note as someone who had mapped 11* and 12* before:

Maps like that are created mainly just for the sake of difficulty, in terms of song representation they're overmapped and of playability they're pretty close to impossible.

Besides Ekoro one which rather fits well with the music, most songs mentioned here can only support 7-8* at max, and that's already out of touch in terms of new mappers' skill.

I recommend mapping 10* for practice though, as you will have a chance to explore the boundary between challenging but fun and overly stupid and frustrating to play. But ranking this? That's a big no-no from me.
Asphiee
You heard Zero.
DeletedUser_13957006
4th 10* ranked map coming. this quaified map ties Flowering Night Fever for the highest sr ranked with 10.38*
HaonJ

Blackeei wrote:

4th 10* ranked map coming. this quaified map ties Flowering Night Fever for the highest sr ranked with 10.38*
It’s ahead by like 0.0009 or something I think