forum

Third-party programs for creating storyboards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scorblex
Hi, the reason for this topic is to know: Is it possible to create and save Storyboards in programs like After Effects to be used in "osu!"?. You may wonder why "After Effects", this program has extensive tools that are useful when creating works of art, which in this case, would be the Storyboards.
clayton
no*

storyboards are collections of images and transformations to those images, so you're limited to the few types of transformations osu! supports. for example it is not possible to make blurs with storyboard commands alone

*so if you were very careful to only use effects that can be converted into storyboard commands, and if you spent time writing some program to convert AE projects to storyboards where possible, yeah I guess you could make storyboards in AE. but I'm assuming that's not what you had in mind
Topic Starter
Scorblex

clayton wrote:

no*

storyboards are collections of images and transformations to those images, so you're limited to the few types of transformations osu! supports. for example it is not possible to make blurs with storyboard commands alone

*so if you were very careful to only use effects that can be converted into storyboard commands, and if you spent time writing some program to convert AE projects to storyboards where possible, yeah I guess you could make storyboards in AE. but I'm assuming that's not what you had in mind
Yes, you are right, it was not what I had in mind, but it is good to leave the doubts, thanks for your answer
Zelzatter Zero
There's actually a third-party program for creating storyboard which is Storybrew, created by Damnae. However it requires lots of coding knowledge so I'm not really sure.
Topic Starter
Scorblex

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

There's actually a third-party program for creating storyboard which is Storybrew, created by Damnae. However it requires lots of coding knowledge so I'm not really sure.
The simple fact that you mention it is important, thanks for your answer, I will investigate more about it
McEndu
If you use AE to storyboard, exporting to video instead of osb might be a better idea
osu!web allows opting out videos but not storyboards, in case you want to save the bandwidth of players
Topic Starter
Scorblex

McEndu wrote:

If you use AE to storyboard, exporting to video instead of osb might be a better idea
osu!web allows opting out videos but not storyboards, in case you want to save the bandwidth of players
| Thanks for your answer, the truth is that you are absolutely right, however, the idea of creating storyborads from the beginning, happened because from experience, beatmaps run more smoothly playing osb files compared to videos, although you do know How could I do so that a video with high quality can be played fluently when playing, I would love to hear it, in this way I would make videos in AF instead of osb files as you propose