Sonnyc

Stefan wrote:

Congrats

So many Koreans. o.o

Also, this is Rock? Wat
The original song is Rock~

D: rating
Moway
Here's a 10 from me, trying to help orz.

I don't watch football but I love Kasabian. Grats on the rank, hopefully people will ease up on their ratings >_<
bmin11
랭크 축하드려요!
Coro
Oh my, the ratings ._.

Just 'cause it's short doesn't make it a bad map orz
MineC24
평점테러가...
Birdy
3 Sonnyc maps gg
Mashley
Source should not be listed as Barclays Premier League, this song is Kasabian's and though it was used for that it was not created for it and therefore that source is incorrect. The mp3 is clearly not of satisfactory quality and this should have been pointed out ages ago. Also you should be mapping the full song anyway, no reason to just map a short version other than laziness really.
It's quite well mapped, I won't dispute that, but things like this should be fixed before a map get ranked at that they haven't been shows a significant problem with the standards of whoever bubbled or ranked this.
S h i o n
pretty nice 10-rating map
Flanster
I remember another one of these but in the past when I was a kid, it was really awesome to hear.
Jarby

Mashley wrote:

Source should not be listed as Barclays Premier League, this song is Kasabian's and though it was used for that it was not created for it and therefore that source is incorrect. The mp3 is clearly not of satisfactory quality and this should have been pointed out ages ago. Also you should be mapping the full song anyway, no reason to just map a short version other than laziness really.
It's quite well mapped, I won't dispute that, but things like this should be fixed before a map get ranked at that they haven't been shows a significant problem with the standards of whoever bubbled or ranked this.
Yeah, the audio peaks at ~15KHz despite being 192kbps. On top of that, the video file included with the map still contains audio thus bloating the osz further. It's really not acceptable.
Kodora
lol ppl r u rtrdd vt 1 jst fr leight?
BCI

Kodora wrote:

lol ppl r u rtrdd vt 1 jst fr leight?
h br ur uprt /rns
Doomsday

Mashley wrote:

Quoting for truth

The map is good, yes, but this kind of thing shouldn't be slipping through the net
Stefan

Mashley wrote:

Also you should be mapping the full song anyway, no reason to just map a short version other than laziness really.
It's the Mappers decision if he wants to map a Part of the Song or the whole Song. The one thing which bothers me is the Title. You wrote that it is the Opening of Barclays Premier League. So.. actually something like Opening would be required in the Title since there is a Full Version of the Song iirc.
Mismagius

Stefan wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Also you should be mapping the full song anyway, no reason to just map a short version other than laziness really.
It's the Mappers decision if he wants to map a Part of the Song or the whole Song. The one thing which bothers me is the Title. You wrote that it is the Opening of Barclays Premier League. So.. actually something like Opening would be required in the Title since there is a Full Version of the Song iirc.
(TV Size)?

Also, yeah, now that I notice, this mp3 shouldn't be of rankable quality. :<
Stefan

Blue Dragon wrote:

(TV Size)?
Welp, yeah that.
BrokenArrow
Something is really bothering me..
Why do this kind of discussions always appear after the song was ranked?

This is happening way too often recently. @any XAT: Get your shit done before you rank a song next time.
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Sorry for the quality of mp3, maybe that's the result of cutting from youtube directly.
There used to be Edit Ver. at the title, but deleted by guideline.

Source should be bpl for sure, because this version of the song belongs there.
If I was mapping the full song, that is when I should get rid the source.
Shohei Ohtani

BrokenArrow wrote:

Welcome to osu!
RinMiku14

BrokenArrow wrote:

This is happening way too often recently. @any XAT: Get your shit done before you rank a song next time.
This is not any recent at all. If memory serves me right, this is mostly always happening.
Mashley

BrokenArrow wrote:

Because there are some incompetent BATs who don't know basic standards for ranking...

Stefan wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Not saying you musn't but really it is just a waste not to map the whole thing especially with a great song like this... I think players, when they see that someone mapped a song they like, will be disappointed if they see it's just a short version, I know I was. Also it's just pretty lazy tbh (I know, I shouldn't complain about laziness, but still).
D33d
I downloaded this to expect disgust, but it's not that bad. The patterns in [Insane] feel pretty good and it's effective as a "TV Size" sort of deal.

Still, it would've been worth mapping the full thing for sure, because forty seconds doesn't allow for much of a build at all. It could've also benefited from a more interesting normal difficulty, with a more relaxed easy diff to fit the low-tier nature of this map. Nothing much to do from this point, because the mapset's technically sound.

DEEDIT: Oh yeah, the set isn't technically sound, because of the gash audio and needless bloat. Uuuuurgh. Come on, lads; sort it out.