forum

[Archived] Game sensitivity from CS:GO to OSU!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wellvibes

I want to have the same sensitivity as CS:GO in OSU!

CSGO
CS:GO sensitivity = 1.100
DPI = 800
WINDOWS SENS = 6
RESOLUTION = 1280 x 960

-

OSU
OSU sensitivity = ????
DPI = 800
WINDOWS SENS = 6
RESOLUTION = 1280 x 960

osu! version: Stable 20201210.2 (latest)

(12/03/2021)

Solution:

CSGO sens 2.5 = 1.0 OSU sens
With a rule of 3 we can obtain our same sensitivity in both games.

2.5 = 1.0
X = Y

(❗️) (X · 1.0) / 2.5 = Y
FatFartingCow
sorry to tell you chief but csgo is 3d osu is 2d...
pluvio
Since CS:GO is a 3d fps shooter, and osu! is a 2d aim based rhythm game, the sensitivities won't directly translate over to each other. You'll just have to manually change the sensitivity using the in game settings to recreate it. Just try different values until you find one that you're comfortable with.
Akumace1
deleted
Topic Starter
wellvibes
deleted
GPR

wellvibes wrote:

FatFartingCow wrote:

I totally the same if it is 2d, 3d, 4d, or 5d, I just want to know the sensitivity conversion
There is no such standard way to convert sensitivity from other game to osu!

Just change and find the most comfortable sensitivity for you then stick with it. As you play, you will build a muscle memory to play osu!
Topic Starter
wellvibes

GPR wrote:

wellvibes wrote:

FatFartingCow wrote:

I totally the same if it is 2d, 3d, 4d, or 5d, I just want to know the sensitivity conversion

Just change and find the most comfortable sensitivity for you then stick with it. As you play, you will build a muscle memory to play osu!
I don't want to change my muscle memory to a new one, I just want to use osu to practice my aim and reaction time with the same sensitivity as my main game, CSGO.
GPR

wellvibes wrote:

GPR wrote:

wellvibes wrote:

FatFartingCow wrote:

I don't want to change my muscle memory to a new one, I just want to use osu to practice my aim and reaction time with the same sensitivity as my main game, CSGO.
Well, if that's your main goal, I and probably most of the people here cant help you, because osu! itself is not aim and reaction training program, it's a rhythm game.

So the final answer from me to your original post is as I said before.

GPR wrote:

Zelzatter Zero
Everyone here has given you the most suitable answer:

just change to what is convenient for you.

You can't just simply using formula to convert the sensitivity from a FPS game to a rhythm game, because they're substantially different. The only way to find out is to use your sense, if you're comfortable with the one in osu you most probably comfortable with the one in CS:GO as well.

Also please don't be passive aggressive towards people in this thread, thanks.
Instagator
2.5 csgo is around 1 osu, so 1.1 would be somewhere around .44
resurrect_old_1

FatFartingCow wrote:

sorry but one of my friends went over from osu to csgo and they were gods instantly so yeah, the two can be linked by sensitivity
Zelzatter Zero

resurrect wrote:

FatFartingCow wrote:

sorry but one of my friends went over from osu to csgo and they were gods instantly so yeah, the two can be linked by sensitivity
no it's not
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/can-osu-really-help-with-focus-your-thoughts/26321/4
https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/57o8es/does_online_aim_games_work/

at least for beginners it works, but for the long run? No it isn't.