forum

Be able to turn SB/Skin/Hitsounds/dim the BG on first try [invalid] [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cancel
This really annoys me, when I can't turn off the SB, because I didn't complete the level. I want to be able to dim the background/turn SB/Skins/Hitsounds off on the first try.
TheVileOne
Annoying or not annoying, you're meant to play through the song once. This behaviour isn't changing.
Topic Starter
Cancel

TheVileOne wrote:

Annoying or not annoying, you're meant to play through the song once. This behaviour isn't changing.
And why is that?
TakuMii
peppy wants you to play through the song at least once the way the mapper intended, before you're able to turn off absolutely everything and go for highscores. The only reason that you can disable video on the first try is because it's the only option that can cause framerate drops on older computers.

If you think that being denied access to this option is causing you to fail, then just play through the song once using NoFail. But it's likely that the song might simply be too difficult for you if you can't pass it with the skin.
theowest
Not too long ago we had to remove these elements from the beatmap folder to accomplish what you want. We've come a long way since then and this request is asking for a bit more than most of us can imagine.