kriers
looking good after the blurry text was fixed. Good job peppy! :D
Ca Calne

Inori wrote:

Ah, awesome ^^

Upside-down o!m skins, WHEE!

...Wuh oh.

Um..

If any of you are using my osu!mania arrow noteskins, don't enable upside-down mode.

It reverses the arrows as well so up arrows will go to the arrows going down, etc.

tell me how did you do that ;w; i want to play like DDR and PIU ;w;
vipto
Wow thanks for all the awesome new editor features <3
Gon
Not sure if hidden is working.. I just tested it on some short map (9x300 didn't beat 8x300). I had DT on though. Can someone else confirm this?
MillhioreF
Mod multipliers in mania work differently than in other modes. To sum it up, they essentially reduce the score penalty for getting 200 and below - SS isn't affected.
SAMIING
我的osu不能按東西,鳴鳴 :( :( :(
xSensenmann
nice update
BUT~
I can't barely reach 60fps anymore on shaders and I wased used to 140+ fps =~=
extrem lag spikes now
and i have quadcore processor with neat graphiccard x.x (didnt changed anything at the computer)
BrokenArrow
Sweet.
Mio_96

Blaziken wrote:

Their must of been some performance fixes since I can now play on Widescreen 1440x900 without lag.
not really my fps at 1024x768 decreased from ~ 1000 to 90-150 max 300 in-game

xSensenmann wrote:

nice update
BUT~
extrem lag spikes now
and i have quadcore processor with neat graphiccard x.x (didnt changed anything at the computer)
I have almost the same

fps dropped dramatically
Inori

Ca Calne wrote:

Inori wrote:

Ah, awesome ^^

Upside-down o!m skins, WHEE!

...Wuh oh.

Um..

If any of you are using my osu!mania arrow noteskins, don't enable upside-down mode.

It reverses the arrows as well so up arrows will go to the arrows going down, etc.

tell me how did you do that ;w; i want to play like DDR and PIU ;w;
t/113032

Download that skin and all magic will be revealed.
theowest
So many bug fixes! Awesome update.

too bad that slider bug came along, kinda ruined today's mapping experience. t/119688
Rouri Rika
... *speechless*
grumd
Really nice changes! Especially new mod selections. Old mechanism was too hard to understand. I had no idea how to turn on Nightcore mod for a while. Now it's simple and fancy!
danzels
Wow! Game is faster than before, and I'm experiencing less lag now. I'm also loving the new user interface! :D
Black Wolf159
it's perfect very good peppy
RoyalMilkTea
Thanks Peppy! Works great for me.
Sun Rainbow

dkun wrote:

Loving the new userpanel. 8-)
jemhuntr
awesome updates <3

btw, what's this?

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

awesome updates <3

btw, what's this?
t/119648
Alarido
I liked the updates ^.^ Specially support for per-note volume, but... where I can adjust "per-note volume" (e.g., for a end of a slider) ?
m4-mws
emm...i can't download this updates ,because when i open 'osume.exe',it will download itself again und again.
Kynan

Now THAT'S ugly :o
Secretpipe
Yeah , new update !
Thanks
Karen_Violeta
I Love this game :D
I Love The Osu
I Love The admins :3
Topic Starter
peppy

Kynan wrote:

Now THAT'S ugly :o
You saw nothing!
Yumihiko
Thanks for the update, the new userpanel is great.
Lex-kun
with this new update and all inclusives change the fps of the osu was very bad on my computer, if I change the page and let it run as a list of songs the resolution of my pc gets all blurry, unlike before .. . Seriously, please fix it is to? >:(
SoulBuster
Better user panel for newest updates.
i love it
ddr2c68
pretty good :D
Buccakazu
O.K Peppy :)
Fllandre
Nice! :)
Theeph-
problem here,
in !mania mode there's an extra column when i was playing 6K
is that column can bw disabled ?
the extra column is on the right side of the table
kllnt
I'm stuck at the main screen with the change logs after updating. Anyone else have this problem?
wtfuwant
an ingame update? well i cant even play osu annymore :( also my cursor is flipping out from left to right :o
Topic Starter
peppy
Please fix this by running the osu! updater from your start menu once, or by running osu!.exe from your osu! folder. The desktop shortcut will break currently (until you update once).
The Muffin Man

Mio_96 wrote:

Blaziken wrote:

Their must of been some performance fixes since I can now play on Widescreen 1440x900 without lag.
That shouldn't matter much, if at all. Monitors only refresh the image 60 times per second (i.e. 60 Hz), and it becomes difficult to see any changes between 100 FPS and above.
As far as I know, the only reason you'd want such a phenomenally high FPS count is so that no frames are accidentally discarded by the graphics card. That is, if the frame count was lower, the CPU wouldn't be checking the graphics buffer as often, meaning some frames are not shown. [I'm not certain if this also occurs between the monitor and the CPU also, though it's unlikely.]
60 FPS is already more than enough, so going from 1000 to 150 isn't a bad thing.
After researching a little more, the preferred frame per second count for games is a multiple of the monitor's refresh rate, since that way, updates to the screen will be synchronized. This website has a nice explanation in the 'Think of that, too' section.

EDIT: Just checked myself, 60 FPS on low latency does differ quite a lot from 120 FPS. This explains all that I should have said, and vsync too.
Darkimmortal

The Muffin Man wrote:

Mio_96 wrote:

That shouldn't matter much, if at all. Monitors only refresh the image 60 times per second (i.e. 60 Hz), and it becomes difficult to see any changes between 100 FPS and above.
As far as I know, the only reason you'd want such a phenomenally high FPS count is so that no frames are accidentally discarded by the graphics card. That is, if the frame count was lower, the CPU wouldn't be checking the graphics buffer as often, meaning some frames are not shown. [I'm not certain if this also occurs between the monitor and the CPU also, though it's unlikely.]
60 FPS is already more than enough, so going from 1000 to 150 isn't a bad thing.
After researching a little more, the preferred frame per second count for games is a multiple of the monitor's refresh rate, since that way, updates to the screen will be synchronized. This website has a nice explanation in the 'Think of that, too' section.

EDIT: Just checked myself, 60 FPS on low latency does differ quite a lot from 120 FPS. This explains all that I should have said, and vsync too.
It's very rare that you get a game engine where extra fps does not benefit perceived smoothness and input lag quite significantly. osu is one of the 99% that does benefit, especially due to its 'software' cursor. (with a software cursor I believe you need fps > the mouse hz for ideal input lag conditions)
The Muffin Man

Darkimmortal wrote:

It's very rare that you get a game engine where extra fps does not benefit perceived smoothness and input lag quite significantly. osu is one of the 99% that does benefit, especially due to its 'software' cursor. (with a software cursor I believe you need fps > the mouse hz for ideal input lag conditions)
Ah, I didn't consider input lag. That was the problem I had on both vsync mode and low latency. Perceived smoothness is a bit arbitrary, though, since for me there is no discernible difference between ~140 FPS (Unlimited (Gameplay)) and 500 (Unlimited), and only a small amount of input lag on 120 FPS.
Ishmon
That uncensored channel log <3
puffle32
Can you make a Osu! U (For WII U)? ;)
oscar

Mio_96 wrote:

Blaziken wrote:

xSensenmann wrote:

nice update
BUT~
extrem lag spikes now
I have almost the same

fps dropped dramatically

my fps has stayed at between 3000-5000 fps for a year now.
what recently changed was the option to use borderless window mode up to 1080p which solves the issue of not getting more than 60hz in fullscreen on 120/144hz displays
Sakura

puffle32 wrote:

chan wrote:

Don't request ports. We don't need people to tell us we need ports, we need people to make them. Contact peppy if you're willing to make a port.
The Muffin Man

puffle32 wrote:

At the moment, some homebrew has been achieved on the Wii U - however, AFAIK, only Wii mode works. That is, you can play Wii homebrew games, which osu! may run on, but it wouldn't be easy.
The option of selling a properly published game isn't available, my friend. A Wii or Wii U port would be fascinating, though.
MagicMythicalEggs
omg... I can finally log on :D Oh happy day~!
Anarinami
How can I return the previous osu! skin? .__.
deadbeat
t/51694 here. you can download the old template here
Anarinami
Thank you!
Sakura
This is... kind of a weird thread to post in, considering the actual change was in the other one
Sieg
Awesome update :)
deadbeat
Sakura, can you just lock this now with a link to the newest release thread?
Sakura
Sure: t/123276