forum

[invalid] #mahjong channel requests

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +237
show more
Topic Starter
mintong89

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

拉老板打日麻233
Suzoku
拉老板打日麻+1

Hey peppy have you ever thought about playing japanese mahjong? :D
she_old
better implement this quickly!
REALLY?.
Birdy
lolwhat
VoidnOwO

mintong89 wrote:

well, most of osu! players play Touhou, and they always talk this topic at #fuckingeverywhere. so please make this channel.
ursa
I hope i can have a mahjong teammate when this channel created :cry:
she_old
TOO MUCH CHINESE CHARACTERS IN THIS THREAD

BETTER START TALKING YOUR OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE(S) ASWELL
Marcin
Dobrze, jak chcesz.
(Good, if you really want to...)
Sotodashi

CPLs wrote:

hmm..

can anyone explain why do we need mahjong channel?

# no offense

because

Francis
I've always wondered. What's the difference between japanese and chinese mahjong?
I like the idea. ^^
Sotodashi

Francis56789 wrote:

I've always wondered. What's the difference between japanese and chinese mahjong?
I like the idea. ^^
Japanese Mahjong doesn't use the seasonal bricks and have a different rule-set.
Oinari-sama

Sotodashi wrote:

Francis56789 wrote:

I like the idea. ^^
Japanese Mahjong doesn't use the seasonal bricks and have a different rule-set.
^That. Also Japanese Mahjong starts with 13 pieces each, while Chinese Mahjong starts with 16.
blissfulyoshi
Only Taiwan uses 16. Mainland China has another set of rules that uses 13, but the rules are complicated in their own way, imo. Hong Kong also uses 13 tiles, and the rules for that one are extremely basic.
Oinari-sama
Oh yeah you're right about the 13/16 setup
Karuta-_old_1
太好了,osu还可以找人来打麻将!
一起来玩日本麻雀吧 XD

By the way, mahjong is one of the most popular board games so I think this calls for a channel

Inspired by Saki咲
Flower
Again I'm against this stuff. There is no point that osu! has to create a new channel on an irrelevant game only because many people play this.
I insist this, even while mahjong players are flooding #chinese and mapper QQ qun.
Ephemeral

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Only Taiwan uses 16. Mainland China has another set of rules that uses 13, but the rules are complicated in their own way, imo. Hong Kong also uses 13 tiles, and the rules for that one are extremely basic.
basic rules, but complicated point counting. at least in my experience.
laport
+support because

theowest wrote:

The Chinese community is pretty big (...) they deserve more channels of some sort.
theowest
the Japanese community is also pretty huge. So the Asian communities in general.

Personally, I'm neutral towards this idea with a slight tilt towards not supporting it.
ursa
i think #mahjong is not just only for Asian (Japanese & Chinese) community. It's for all who know,want,or interested to play mahjong. 8-)