forum

Beatmap Spotlights (Autumn 2020) - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
5
Topic Starter
Venix


Howdy, Spotlight chasers, Autumn Season 2020 is finally here!

You can learn more about the Beatmap Spotlights and the Seasonal League on our wiki article (the playlist is still going to be updated, so you can check it out on the upcoming newspost)

With the new-and-improved Beatmap Spotlights system come a lot of changes, features and rewards that are yet to be implemented and up to discussion.

You can leave your impressions, feedback and criticism in this thread, so we can shape this system into the best it can ever be. You can suggest anything! Even game-changing feedbacks and what rewards you expect for next season.
Frodo55
Every weekend i forget to play these :/, hopefully it gets easier to know it's ongoing soon.
IncrediMan
This season is coming to end soon so i'm taking time to give my feedback here.

First, i wanna say that i really like the idea of ranks, it's not that common in rythm games and people can discover and play new sorts of maps rather than retrying for the 99th time cbcc to get their rank going up.

Then for the things that can be improved, we can separate it in categories :
If i remember correctly, the rank for each player is added by hand after each playlist, the thing is, it could be better if it was automatic, like after i play a map, there could be an animation like when i unlock a new achievemnt to say that i upranked.
And if it is added, being able to see our rank in a corner of the room could be cool too.
Not really a thing to change but I don't really understand why there is some maps that are 7-10 years old and are in a season spotlight.
By spotlight I understood that some maps and mappers deserved more attention or just a recap of the best maps of the current/past season. Just weird for me and maybe for other people.
At the begining of this season, there was only one intermission and when the second playlist B should have been opened, an other intermission poped and delayed playlists B, C and D by one week.
I know that it takes a lot of organisation but it would be nice if you can create a post on the forums and you edit it every time something is wrong or if playlists are delayed.

Thank you if read it all and if you take time to answer me :)
Suilerua
It would be much better if the rank for each player would update automatically or more frequently (weekly). This really confused me a lot because I can't tell if I have to grind more or not.

But everything is fine besides that.
Topic Starter
Venix

IncrediMan wrote:

Ranks
If i remember correctly, the rank for each player is added by hand after each playlist, the thing is, it could be better if it was automatic, like after i play a map, there could be an animation like when i unlock a new achievemnt to say that i upranked.
And if it is added, being able to see our rank in a corner of the room could be cool too.
That's not really dependent on us at the moment, such things would be nice to have in the future, but I believe the devs have different priorities at the moment.

IncrediMan wrote:

Maps
Not really a thing to change but I don't really understand why there is some maps that are 7-10 years old and are in a season spotlight.
By spotlight I understood that some maps and mappers deserved more attention or just a recap of the best maps of the current/past season. Just weird for me and maybe for other people.
The thing is, we are trying to compose as solid and diverse playlists as possible, which could be really difficult if we sticked to newer maps only (especially on smaller gamemodes), at the moment at least 25% of maps picked need to be ranked in a span of last 3 months. Read more about playlists composing here.

IncrediMan wrote:

More communication
At the begining of this season, there was only one intermission and when the second playlist B should have been opened, an other intermission poped and delayed playlists B, C and D by one week.
I know that it takes a lot of organisation but it would be nice if you can create a post on the forums and you edit it every time something is wrong or if playlists are delayed.
The intermission was caused by internal things that really stopped us from moving for a while, we sorted this stuff up and hopefully similar things won't happen in the future. To keep informed, keep track of #osu-spotlights channel on osu!dev discord or #beatmap-spotlights channel on the osu! community server.


Aurxlius wrote:

It would be much better if the rank for each player would update automatically or more frequently (weekly). This really confused me a lot because I can't tell if I have to grind more or not.
We will try our best to update them on a weekly basis in the incoming seasons.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply