forum

[Archived] How do I calculate my area if I'm using the sensitivity slider

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adjective
When I first started playing with my mouse I just used the sensitivity slider to adjust my sensitivity(obviously), then when I switched to tablet I kept my sensitivity and just adjusted my area, now I've heard that having Raw Input off is actually beneficial, so I was wondering how I could make my tablet area the same size as it would be if I had my sensitivity up. Now here's some information that you'll probably need if you do decide to help me. Tablet: XP PEN G430s, Current area(With sensitivity in-game): 30.05mm(Width) by 26.89mm(Height), In-game sensitivity: 1.96x, Maximum tablet area: 101.6mm(Width) by 76,2mm(Height), Resolution: 1920x1080. If there's anything else you need to know I'll provide you with the information ASAP. Thanks in advance!
Tobias Leander
do "your dpi" times 1.98 = your actual dpi
and then you could use that number here.
Not too sure how well that will work tho.
Topic Starter
Adjective
I was talking about calculating my tablet area with adjusted in game sense into just a tablet area, my bad for poorly phrasing it btw.
Tobias Leander
Since you use x1.96 it's almost twice the speed so I'm guessing you could just make it twice as small and then adjust after that till it feels about right 15.02mm(Width) 13.44mm(Height) and then adjust it till it feels right?

U could also take out a ruller and just messure how much u have to move the pen to get to the egde of the screen and mark it with a temporary marking if ya feel like getting handy.
Topic Starter
Adjective
Might try the ruler thing, don't know how I'd mark the spots without "damaging" the tablet.
Tobias Leander

Verbal wrote:

don't know how I'd mark the spots without "damaging" the tablet.
Just a regular pencil since its easy to remove again or some tape.
Topic Starter
Adjective
I'll try it out tomorrow, unless someone comes with some mathematical thing this is probably my best bet. Edit: It worked, area feels the same now and it feels like there's less input delay but that might be placebo.