forum

A way to distinguish active accounts from inactive ones [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
-GN
Hi - It hit me the other day :idea: that Norway's user count was approaching 4,000 and we reached that number earlier today. Of course, I figured that a lot of these users were probably dead accounts by now, so I thought we could have a way to distinguish the accounts that were still in use from the inactive ones.

I don't know whether it's easily possible to do or not, but this is what I was thinking: After a month of no activity in the account, the username would change from a blue standard link to a slightly more faded out, italic username that would be easy to differ from the current active ones while still being readable
(like #5C65A6). Display statistics next to current total user count saying how many users are active. This would carry over to beatmap highscore listings, and possibly even the osu!client itself.

So... would this be of any use? Is there any support for it?
Zare
Actually, yes. Seems like a nice idea.
However, how is a inactive member defined? Some who didn't log in th e gema e for few weeks/months?
Or someone who didn't log in the forums for weeks/months?
Topic Starter
-GN
I guess a months inactivity in the game itself, a lot of newer users don't particularly care about the forums and would rather spend time playing the actual game instead of lurking around here. :P
theowest
I aguree! This would be useful when determining whether a language community is active enough to have its own channel/forum or not.
[Luanny]
nice ideia hm
Kurokami
upport, but I just have one problem with this. I'm online on the forum but not in-game, that means I'm not using my account? Or what? I think better if both in-game and forum counts because probably not I'm only one who lurking around only on the forum.
Distant years
support!
CXu

Kurokami wrote:

upport, but I just have one problem with this. I'm online on the forum but not in-game, that means I'm not using my account? Or what? I think better if both in-game and forum counts because probably not I'm only one who lurking around only on the forum.
Well, on a ranking list, I think showing if they're actively playing the game (thus getting ranks) is fine, really.
peppy
I have dimmed usernames of users not active in the last 30 days (no bancho login).
Zare
You can't see it on the profile page, though, right?
Is there a way this can be done, too?
theowest

Zarerion wrote:

You can't see it on the profile page, though, right?
Is there a way this can be done, too?
I don't think that's necessary. You can see if the user has done anything notable in a while or when the user were Latest Active.
deadbeat
i like this request. nice and simple :D