forum

Tags/source/genre

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_39338
Hey.
I wonder how to add tags, source, and a genre to a map so that they're displayed on the BSS beatmap site.
I added some tags to a map, but nothing shows up on the BSS site, just in the forum site.
Second for the source. Also is source the source you got the .mp3 from, or where the song comes from, an anime or such.
And for the genre I couldn't find anything to change it. Where?!
0_o
Not quite sure what the first problem is, but source is the show, movie, website etc that the song (not the mp3) is from, and genre is decided by somebody (not sure exactly who) after it's ranked.

Did you add the tags and source to ALL of your difficulties? Not quite sure why it's like that, but I think that's what you are supposed to do.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_39338
I thought that too already. Hoped that would fix it, but tags still aren't displayed after applying to all difficulties.
Look for yourself:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6021
There they aren't. At no difficulty. Now click at the beatmap's thread. and there they are. :?

Thanks for the help btw.!
An64fan
Source: Basically, where the song comes from (particular soundtrack or if it was an opening for a certain show or something)

Not sure what's going on with the tags though.

As for genre, BATs add that upon ranking. There's nothing to handle that on the mapper's end, and that's probably for the best (we have enough stuff to call on fixes for, thank you :P)
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_39338
ok then.^^
tags hm, maybe they just work on ranked maps. Or maybe the BSS needs a bit of time to update.
But nvm. thanks for your help!