forum

Keep both most perfomance and best score scores [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]
Since pp scores was implemented other users and I faced a problem.
For example, I want a high rank. I play a very weighted (by pp) map and get SS. Then I think I can pass the diff with DT, play it and... Pass it with 90% accuracy and FC. What will happen? I'll recieve a drop of pp and there will be no way to revert pp. Of course, I can pass the map with ~97-98% and recieve more pp but what if I can't?

So when I play Standard sometimes I have a choice to get a high score or obtain pp. If I play o!m, I never use any mods, because if I do they can always be overwritten in case I play the map without them (because of peculiarities in pp calculation in o!m) (By the way, this is the reason nobody plays o!m with mods)

I believe this is not the way this score system should work. So I suggest to keep a best score as usual and the score which gives most pp to a player. peppy's database will be bigger but there will be no headache for players who scares of pp penalty if they play a beatmap badly.

I know that you can be in top40 and have many pp, but this is not working in o!m and sometimes you just can't beat your score with no-mod or with the same mods but with great accuracy.
Wishy
If you beat your own score and get a higher rank then you will get more pp. You lose pp like that when you're already #1 and beat yourself with lower acc.
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

Wishy wrote:

If you beat your own score and get a higher rank then you will get more pp. You lose pp like that when you're already #1 and beat yourself with lower acc.
In Standard you can just loose some accuracy and recieve a drop of pp. High placing won't help in this case, especially if you had a SS and then repass the map with DT 90%.

And what's the point in using mods in o!m then? I always have the most accuracy (and score) with no mod.
Wishy
That depends on how many ranks you are rising and many other factors we mortal don't really know, but I get your point.
MillhioreF
Mod weighting is a bit silly sometimes. I got a #1 FL SS once and got 7 pp, then I beat myself with HD+FL 1x100 and lost 1 pp. I have it in good faith that the system is getting better over time though, and that either no longer happens or won't happen in the future.
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

MillhioreF wrote:

I got a #1 FL SS once and got 7 pp, then I beat myself with HD+FL 1x100 and lost 1 pp.
^ this.

You had bad accuracy, not SS, didn't you?
Wishy
As I said, that happens because your raise doesn't raise. If you got SS FL #5 and then get 1x100 FL+HD #3 you will get more pp.
chaotic_iak
t/94972

EDIT: Although the linked topic seems to get to a discussion of how pp is calculated. But I still think this one is a duplicate as that one has some SP.
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]
Wow, there was a topic about the same thing... okay, [duplicate].
Tshemmp

Wishy wrote:

As I said, that happens because your raise doesn't raise. If you got SS FL #5 and then get 1x100 FL+HD #3 you will get more pp.
From my own experience:
1. HD+HR+FL 100% #2 rank --> lots of pp, score shown in the top ranks
2. HD+DT+FL 97,21% #1 rank --> lost a few pp, score not shown in the top ranks anymore