forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45

Ivalset wrote:

Speaking of, if anyone in here has Super Stardust HD or just got it, you should add me to your friends list so I have motivation to beat some scores.
(PSN: Ivalsetto)
I will if I remember.

Man though, this Welcome Back thing is really sweet, all the games offered are awesome and I'm probably going to be giving my PS3 a lot more time over the summer.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Holy shit, this game is more unforgiving than it looks. Dying and losing your multiplier and shit is a buzzkill.

Edit: Yeah, I don't think I'm cut out for this game.
Azure_Kite

Rantai wrote:

Has anyone else been unable to connect to PSN with their PSP?

I assumed the problem was because of the overload of users but it's slowed down now and still hiccuping...

Yeah; it has a few issues here and there on my end, too. I guess we just have to wait until they iron out all the kinks.
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

Holy shit, this game is more unforgiving than it looks. Dying and losing your multiplier and shit is a buzzkill.

Edit: Yeah, I don't think I'm cut out for this game.
It just takes a bit of practice, man. Just remember to use your boost when you get in a tight spot.

I feel super good right now because I finally owned the shit out of DawnII's score. Ridiculous that I spent 1:11:36 just getting it. I can't even fathom playing this game for that long in one sitting, but apparently it happened.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
FUCK. YES. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time! 2012!

New Insomniac IP, Overstrike. Looks fucking awesome. Also, Ival's in that game, apparently, and he's already my favorite character.

Also, Resistance 3 and Dead Island are coming out on the same day, and that's stupid. I'll either have to postpone the purchase of Dead Island or buy both on the same day.
Ivalset
Apparently I am the best character in every game.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, you were one of the only bearable characters in FFXIII.

Anyway, I did Super Stardust again. I played Easy cause I thought I'd see what the difference was, and I ended up playing the whole thing and getting 66 million. I probably didn't need to be on Easy anyway, but whatever. Also, why is it that I can last forever without getting hit while I have a shield, but once I lose it I get hit fifty times in a row?
Ivalset
Probably don't play well under pressure. When you lose that shield and then eventually a ship, it's like the beginning of the end. You get sloppy, you make mistakes. You forget to boost, you see death coming but you get slow on your bomb trigger.

It's all in your head, man.

Also it might have something to do the time you spent dead is time spent not shooting, therefore rocks hit each other and spread into a billion tinier rocks which become near impossible to dodge (especially when it loops around to Hard mode)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I'm still pretty bad at boosting/bombing. I went for that 20 bomb trophy, then continued to stock up bombs for no reason. So I had almost 20 bombs when I beat the last level. And I'm afraid to boost usually cause I don't know where I'll end up. But in any case, I'm pretty much done and satisfied now.
Ivalset
You have to play on normal, you puss.

Also, you're invincible while boosting, so I usually just dash a good bit ahead and u-turn back at the end. I dunno, it gets easier to sense when to use it as you use it.
anongos
Just a quick question: I'm kind of on the fence about what to get from the Welcome Back Package. It's either inFamous or Super Stardust HD. What do you guys recommend?
Sup A Noob
You could get both?
anongos
That's the problem, I already spent the first one on Wipeout HD. So I have to make a choice between the two.
Ivalset
inFamous is probably a better deal since it's like a full retail game.

Super Stardust is still fun as hell, though.
DawnII
Cracka what? What did you end up scoring?
Ivalset

BETTER DUST OFF THAT PS3 NIGGA
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I've got someone on my friends list with 132 mil.
Ivalset
Well, if they're not from here then I don't particularly care.

...but I'll beat it sometime later.
anongos
inFamous it is then.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

And probably some Dead Nation.
Grabbed that and did the first level on gr1m difficulty with a friend. That game's somewhat unforgiving for someone who is not very good at videogames, though I'll probably be able to get by. If you want to run co-op I'd be down for that.

Ivalset wrote:

Ridiculous that I spent 1:11:36 just getting it. I can't even fathom playing this game for that long in one sitting, but apparently it happened.
I just spent 40 minutes fighting that one super secret super badass hidden side boss in Persona 4 (not the reaper, the good one) and now I feel like a boss.

btw inFamous is a fairly decent third person shooter. Strictly speaking money-wise, you're best off going for inFamous ($30) and buying Super Stardust HD ($15) if you're that torn
DawnII
Crap every time I try to update Super Stardust my ps3 just restarts. Wtfffffff.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I finished my Good playthrough of inFamous 2 today. This game pretty much has most of the problems that the old one had, then also got rid of some of the good things from the first one to make the second game a little worse. There are some nice things that they added, like Ice Launch (!), but overall it kinda felt like a giant DLC pack that gave me new powers, a new location, and extra bullshit.
awp
There's always prototype 2
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, but so far that's looking to be the exact same case. Not to mention Prototype was more frustrating than inFamous ever was. Especially that fucking giant Mother boss or whatever on Hard mode. I might end up getting it anyway because dicking around in that game is a lot more fun than in inFamous. But I probably won't be getting another inFamous game if they make one.
awp
Dead Nation is rather fun, I must say
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I've only played the first level so far because I wanna wait for my friend to get back and do an unspoiled playthrough in co-op. But that first level was pretty fun.
awp
Anybody mind using their shiny playstation plus account to download a copy of sonic 2 (it's free for PSPlus) and boost me the multiplayer trophy? It feels like a sin for me to not have 100% in this game. Should only take like half an hour tops, I think.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Sure thing, bud. Oh wait, that means I'd have to activate Chiaki's PS+ thing. I was gonna wait for Seibei's subscription to almost expire, then activate Chiaki's and keep it on for another month. It probably wouldn't kill me to just activate it tomorrow though. I wanna try some more game trials anyway. (Nevermind, I am stupid. That only applies to game trials.)

So anyway, I've been playing Red Faction: Guerrilla lately. Man, that game is balls if you actually do the story missions and stuff, but destroying shit is fuuuun every single time (once the area's liberated, that is). Also, oh my God, I was driving my car around, then it suddenly turned into Christine or something and started wildly accelerating all by itself and wouldn't brake. So I bailed out of the car and it kept going for a while until it got stuck on a rail or something. So I had to kill it with a rocket launcher so it wouldn't get free and start killing everybody.
awp
Was that Christine thing a Stephen King reference because you lost me halfway through
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, it was, yeah. I'm just saying the car suddenly had a mind of its own and it had some major bloodlust. It's for situations like these that make me think every open-world game should be required to have a video capture feature like in Just Cause 2.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So awp and/or Rolled, not to troll or anything, but are there any fun songs on the Rock Band 3 disc? I've probably played maybe 20 of the songs or so and I haven't come across a song that's made me want to go back and play it in Quick Play. It's mostly been either repetitive stuff, power chord crap, or solo stream stuff. Are there any Reptilia/My Name Is Jonas/Helicopter songs on there? Like Whip It was pretty fun, just really repetitive. Space Oddity wasn't bad either.
awp
There's Bohemian Rhapsody. I kinda dig the sound of The Beautiful People, but it is not a fun song to play. Whip It's on my shitlist; it's a horrible song for drums. There's a song by Elton John that caught me by surprise by being really fun. Most of the songs on the RB3 disc are passable but lacklustre. All the real good shit's in the DLC.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh, yeah, well I was talking specifically about Guitar, because I don't even do Drums anyway. So when do you wanna boost the Sonic stuff anyway? I've had it installed and I've just been waiting for you to get on.
awp
Whenever you and I both got time. I normally get home around this time after work. I'll start popping on PSN then.

Also good that you got it when you did, apparently it's not free on PSNP as of like, yesterday?

btw the rest of the trophies for that game are very easy to get. If you're awesome at the game, it'll take maybe 2 hours. Otherwise, 3 or 4 hours
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Wow. I can't believe it, but Nier is a pretty cool game. Way more fun than I thought it'd be.
adam2046

Seibei4211 wrote:

Wow. I can't believe it, but Nier is a pretty cool game. Way more fun than I thought it'd be.
The best thing about it is how it keeps changing up the style. Just got up to the Forest of Myth and I did not see it coming.
Also rolling backwards to get everywhere is far more entertaining than it should be.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
The biggest surprise I've had so far is just how fucking hilarious this game is. "This stew smells like I pissed on a campfire." And Grimwoire Weiss is always make awesome jokes. I didn't know RPGs were allowed to be this funny. I wish I could read the comments that appear on your profile while you're playing the game though. Those are pretty great, too.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

I didn't know RPGs were allowed to be this funny.
Haven't played the Disgaea series, hmm?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
The only tactical RPG I've played was some game on the iPod.
awp
Yeah pretty sure the Disgaea series has the Funniest RPG crown

because it likes to TAKE A DUMP ON THE FACE OF COMMON SENSE

that's Disgaea 4!

(honourable mention to Shadow Hearts Covenant though)
show more