forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
AfroPriest

awp wrote:

HD collections of games are always very lazily done, but I admit it's nice having multiple games on a single disc

Well,its still incredibly awesome to revive some old classics,especially for who (like me) dont have their old consoles anymore.
I cant wait to play my Jak e Daxter collection,just ordered my copy today,and i can assure you that a good part of my chilhood is contained in Jak e Dexter,im still sad that they didnt include Jak X,that was one heck of a racing game,and i hate racing games.
Rantai

Dieathan wrote:

Rantai wrote:

There is no official AU release. That probably doesn't help its numbers.
Actually, there was one. It was rated PG by the ACB bizzarely enough and I have a copy with that same rating.
I've just heard that it's one of the rarest PS3 games that exist, which probably explains its scarcity.
What the crap?

Mine is MA 15+
YodaSnipe
What the crap?

Mine is ... still shipping T_T
Dieathan

Rantai wrote:

What the crap?

Mine is MA 15+
My copy of mk2 is MA 15+.
It's just that my copy of mk1 is PG. Here's a link if you don't believe me:
http://www.classification.gov.au/www/co ... enDocument
Yet again, PEGI rated it 12, ESRB gave it T, even CERO gave it a B.
Compared to mk2 which got 16 from PEGI, M from ESRB, and C from CERO.
Rantai
Oh you were talking about 1. Ok, I got a bit confused there.
YodaSnipe
YES!!! FINALLY GOT IT!!! Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 Collector's YOU ARE MINE!!! game is great btw...
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I finally started up Asura's Wrath. Played Part 1 (Episode 1-6). Holy fucking shit, I underestimated how awesome this game would be. I knew this game would be outrageous, but I never thought I'd be fighting a duel when I don't have any arms. And then kick ass. The fighting is so fun in this, too. It's so fast-paced and exaggerated. If this is just a movie, then it is the greatest movie I'll ever fucking see. I did underestimate how many cutscenes there would be in this game, but I don't give a shit cause every cutscene is awesome. Or hilarious. Or hilariously awesome.
RemmyX25
I want a PS3 just for Tales of Graces F. Holy fuck. That game looks amazing.
-Athena-

RemmyX25 wrote:

I want a PS3 just because it only has everything!
fixed
Sallad4ever

RemmyX25 wrote:

I want a PS3 just for Tales of Graces F. Holy fuck. That game looks amazing.
second this
The next JRPG I really want right now and the so far the dub is excellent too
YodaSnipe
I'm probably going to pickup Tales of Graces F, looks pretty good. Everyone should play Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 js so fucking funny.
GeNJiii_old
GeNJiii [ OSU ] - L34ND50 [ PS3 ]

Now my ps3 is "hot" so i cant play, u can add me and we will play in... 2015? xD
Dieathan
Well, about 22 hours into mk2, I've defeated CFW Judge, and my characters are all about level 50-ish. Gotta be getting close to the end right now.
Mafiamaster
Ugh... there would be a "get to level 99" trophy. sigh...

Takes way too long. (lvl 82 w/ 30 hrs.) \\\ Edit: An hour later: 91

2 more trophies until the mk2 plat!

Hopefully I can get it before Tuesday for ToGf~
Ivalset
Can't decide if I should get Tales of Graces F on release or just wait a bit. It's not like I lack things to do, but it's been soooo loong since I've played a good tales game.
adam2046
Bought some PS1 and PS2 games from the PSN.

Battle Construction Vehicles:

Skyscraper:

Gungrave Overdose (I don't think the first Gungrave was this terrible...)

...I've made a horrible mistake.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
What the fuck possessed you to spend money on that stuff?

Also, COME ON. COME ON. YOU BUMBLER. COME ON.
adam2046
IT'S CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES FIGHTING! Why the hell wouldn't I buy it? Because it sucks, yeah...
Bought Skyscraper because it was so bad and the opening was hilariously bad. Long story short, it broke a controller somehow.
I was really expecting Gungrave to be a lot better though.

Really should have bought Maximo or Shinobi...
Dieathan
Last chapter on mk2 right now.
I still haven't gotten Noire join my party yet since there are barely any quests to raise Lastation's shares in Lastation and yet Arfoire doesn't have any shares to mooch off anymore since I already got rid of all of them.
Well, at least I'm almost done. Been playing it for about a week now.

EDIT: Just beat the game with the Normal and Human/Makers Endings. Time to get those other endings if I can.
Rantai

Dieathan wrote:

Last chapter on mk2 right now.
I still haven't gotten Noire join my party yet since there are barely any quests to raise Lastation's shares in Lastation and yet Arfoire doesn't have any shares to mooch off anymore since I already got rid of all of them.
Well, at least I'm almost done. Been playing it for about a week now.

EDIT: Just beat the game with the Normal and Human/Makers Endings. Time to get those other endings if I can.
No Noire?

Not even worth finishing!
Pokebis

adam2046 wrote:

IT'S CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES FIGHTING! Why the hell wouldn't I buy it? Because it sucks, yeah...
Bought Skyscraper because it was so bad and the opening was hilariously bad. Long story short, it broke a controller somehow.
I was really expecting Gungrave to be a lot better though.

Really should have bought Maximo or Shinobi...
I don't understand why you wouldn't research those products first. I've even read an article about how horrible the first game was even before it came to PSN.
Lilac
There's only 3 games I want on the PS3 now...

...Make that 4 for Sly Racoon: Thieves Among Time. I know I won't be disappointed.
adam2046

Pokebis wrote:

I don't understand why you wouldn't research those products first. I've even read an article about how horrible the first game was even before it came to PSN.
I did research Skyscraper and BCV, I just didn't think that they'd be be more horrible than entertaining.
YodaSnipe
yeah noire makes this game legendary <33
mega_mac
i can't waited Naruto ultimate ninja 5 ps3
BadLuckExpert

rust45 wrote:

Just beat inFamous 2 (shortly after the first one) and I have to say it was pretty enjoyable. The only problem I have is that some of the powers aren't as sweet as the powers in the first one. Chain lightning anyone?

Oh yeah, did anyone else notice that Cole's feet kinda look like cow feet? There's an odd indent at the tip of his shoe's.
It looks like cow feet because it's a Tabi Sneakers. I've also finished both inFAMOUS games and i gotta say they're both awesome (the 2nd is better though). Right now i'm playing Ratchet&Clank: Crack in time and Naruto Ultimate Storm 2, and i got my eyes on Star Wars for my next game :)
Dieathan

Rantai wrote:

No Noire?

Not even worth finishing!
Oh, Noire can join your party. I just didn't think I'd end up locking her off by accident on my first playthrough. Did too many quests that raised Planeptune's shares in Lastation and I couldn't fix it sadly.
Got her in a New Game+ though.
YodaSnipe
That sucks lmfao! I didn't do any quests really, so I was good to go. All I needed to do was actually get Lastation shares to 50+ or w.e.

On another note, what is your favourite team so far? I do not specifically mean effective, unless your favourite just so happens to be such. Mine is: Uni, Noire, Nepgear, and Rom

Uni = Tsundere ('nuff said)
Noire = Epic (again 'nuff said)
Nepgear = OP
ROM = ZOMG ADORABLE VOICE

so yeah post your teams ppl!
adam2046
I have beaten 4 levels of Skyscraper. That is 4 more than I should have and I am now so invested in the game that I will finish it while Nier gathers dust.
Ivalset
You make a lot of bad decisions, adam.
Mafiamaster

YodaSnipe wrote:

On another note, what is your favourite team so far? I do not specifically mean effective, unless your favourite just so happens to be such.
Mine is:
Nepgear (Yeah... OP)
Neptune (Not as OP as Nepgear but slightly OP even without good skills. Still has the awesome jokes)
Nisa (Not as useless as she was in the first one so +1 for her. Good skills)
Compa (Healer!)

So yeah, pretty much the first bunch you get. (IF replaced by Neptune)
No one else was worthy of replacing them. (Except for Compa when all the enemies were missing my whole team) No need for you, Compa.
YodaSnipe
Kay so today I discovered THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING EVER in HDN MK2.

Kay here it is:
Have Nepgear Partner supporting in the back behind Neptune. Nepgear has a support skill that allows you to break the 9999 damage cap. Now have two vanguard members pop two psp chargers on Neptune. Hit the boss with the Couple Skill and you'll be doing like 7 hits of about 40,000-70,000 damage ON THE FIRST TURN!!!

My team is now:

Noire (Leader) - I use her for str buffs/psp chargers/her epic sword attack thingy (forget what it's called)
Uni - I use her for psp chargers/and to take hits from paralyzer enemies.
Rom - Backup Healer just in case, and does fantastic magic damage.
Neptune with Nepgear damage break support - Cast Couple Skill.

I can take out bosses in one turn at like level 50 it's great. Even really really tough ones.

I wanted to keep Nisa, but seriously no CPU is just weak imo. However, she is just so awesome regardless. Compa's voice kills her character, i hate that damn desu~ness

Edit: I just discovered that there are a couple of damage limit breaking items sooo back to nepgear rapin'!!!
Mafiamaster
I've never gotten around to using couple skills. At first I thought, they had to be close together on the field and when I did find out about how to use them, I was already on the conquest ending route which you don't obtain any couple skills since "oooo sorry, not true ending route".

So yeah, my late game was just Nepgear spamming Celestial Severance on all the bosses while the others slowly chip at its' HP/GP.
About ~1.5 minutes for ~200,000 exp on a specfic boss fight? Might've been a whole lot faster with your 'no damage limit' rings.
YodaSnipe
yeah the damage limit breakers soooo OP
Mafiamaster
Tales of Graces f

I fell asleep playing it. When I woke up, I was at the start of a boss battle. Boss was too hard on moderate difficulty and after 3 game overs, I turned off the PS3 and tossed my controller at the wall. Pissed, I fell back asleep.

Woke up the next morning (today), changed the difficulty to Normal. Still got demolished by this certain boss. Changed difficulty to Easy and beat the boss. Saved, then stopped playing because I wasn't satisfied.

The damage this boss does on moderate is ridiculous. 3/4 of my health gone, seriously... what is this? Stunned for 5 seconds, can't move at all, he proceeds to combo me further resulting in death. Then goes ahead and combos the other teammates and they easily die from it. Life potion someone, and I'm stuck for like 3 seconds giving the enemy a 1-shot chance.

Other bosses: I revive a person, they die instantly again because they head straight for the boss after waking up. Or even, the boss goes back to take their life again.

Summary: I like the game very much!
YodaSnipe
Well, challenge of the difficulties aside. I thought it was pretty bad tbh. I mean that entire beginning thing where you play as a kid doing kid things, like r u srs? no, I don't want that in my games thanks. If the other tales games are as shitty as this, then I won't even bother playing them. /disappointed :(
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, it's not really fair to judge an entire RPG based on the beginning. They almost always take several hours to start revving up. You didn't even finish the Final Fantasy XIII tutorial for, like, 12 chapters. But I haven't played Graces yet and I haven't seen any videos of it yet. And it's not really fair to judge the entire Tales series based on one game, since there's over a dozen of the things, and they're not all the same. Unless you don't like some of the very, very basic things about the game. Tales of Symphonia would be one of the best Tales games. I've heard Tales of the Abyss is very good, but I haven't done that yet.
Ivalset
Abyss blows Symphonia out of the water.

Or maybe I just despise most of Symphonia's cast!

In any case, Graces' combat system is really nice and complex and the game gets a million times better once the childhood arc ends.
awp

Mafiamaster wrote:

The damage this boss does on moderate is ridiculous. 3/4 of my health gone, seriously... what is this?
The bass guitar boss in Mother 3, by the sounds of it. That fucker was brutal

Seibei4211 wrote:

They almost always take several hours to start revving up. You didn't even finish the Final Fantasy XIII tutorial for, like, 12 chapters.
Those are both signs of a very poorly designed game. RPGs are supposed to engage nearly immediately (within the first 2 hours) with their mechanics if not their storyline. The fact that we've accepted what FF13 brought to the table is a sign that we're all lowering our standards. The fact that I both acknowledge and accept the problem suggests I'm one of the worst, too.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, it's not that an RPG is usually bad when it starts out, it's just that you haven't unlocked the abilities or side dungeons that make the game really awesome and challenging and stuff. It takes a while for the games to stop holding your hands. Symphonia, for example. really kicks in once you get access to the flying things (I forget the name). Golden Sun kicks in once you get a decent selection of Djinn. Doesn't Disgaea really start kicking into high gear after you beat the game? In Kingdoms of Amalur, I started having even more fun once I learned some new skills and abilities.
show more