forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Holy shit, guys. I think some of you may know that I fucking love the Legend of Zelda series. Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, Seasons, Ages, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks. I may have even put that in order from most to least favorite on accident. Anyway, I just need to preface with that so it doesn't sound like I'm trolling when I say I fucking hate Skyward Sword with a pink and purple passion and I hope it burns in hell. I really almost beat it, too. I'm at the part where I need to talk to Levias or whatever, so I gave it a fair chance.
awp
I finished the first two dungeons of Skyward Sword and apart from the awful writing I've been really enjoying it
Rantai
I need to start it D:
rust45
I find what you say to be really funny Seibei, not because I disagree with it, but because it's against what I've heard about the game from other people. A lot of people have told me that it's the reason to buy a wii again if you sold yours. But regardless, I can definitely see where you're coming from.

I've only gotten to right before the second dungeon but I find it pretty good. One thing that I do like is that a lot of enemies will take some work to actually kill, because you have to line up you sword slices. However I would have to say that the motion controls can be a bit sketchy at times and swing the opposite way you intended, but otherwise to me it feels pretty good. Although, I may change my opinion in the future as I got farther in the game as when I played Twilight Princess, I got to a certain point and just lost the drive to play.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You guys have to get much further into the game before you can really see why I started hating the game though. The game is fine for the first 3 dungeons or so. But afterwards, they make you backtrack through the first three areas again, which feels like cheating. There's no snow, water, or shadow dungeon. The more you play the game, the more you realize that they care less about using different items to defeat enemies, and care more about their WiiMotion Plus gimmicks. They would be fine if they actually functioned properly more often. Not to mention the bosses don't really feel like Zelda bosses. You guys have got to get to the part where you can swim. I dare you to tell me that controlling Link as he swims is fun. The thing that set me over the edge with that game was when I tried to redo Rickety Coaster to get a Heart Piece, but I kept having to retry because the game couldn't tell if I was leaning left or right.
awp
My two main gripes about the controls are

1, there's no sensitivity slider. I really like to exaggerate my movements when I play, and some games let you configure how much you have to move the controller for it to read the command. The nunchuck is particularly sensitive to that.

2, as mentioned earlier, the tracking IS a little wonky. The wii remote doesn't really handle being pointed away from the TV all that well. Link holds the sword the way you hold the wii remote, and I generally keep the sword behind me and pointed toward the ground when I'm running around but it often doesn't work that way in-game.

It's pretty good for what it is though, and at least decent enough that you can make masturbatory gestures with your sword in front of enemies when you're feeling cocky
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I wish I could amp the sensitivity up a bit for aiming/cursor-based stuff. The sword works well enough, but there have been a few instances where the sword, like, reset positions or something, so everything was off while I was trying to fight. The thing I hate most about the fighting though is when you've got to do that whole song and dance where you have to point your sword in one way, then quickly slice from the opposite direction. So if you start from the right and you need to go left-to-right, how do you quickly move your sword back to the left so you can do that without just swiping your sword to the left and fucking everything up?

I should say that I do enjoy the dungeons themselves though. And upgrading items is cool, but I think it's lame that bags/quivers/satchels take up an adventure slot. Actually, the entire adventure slot system sucks. The item wheel is ok, but it'd be nice if it paused when it was open.
awp
Oh god I'm at Valhalla in The Baconing

it's so racist and so damn hilarious
awp
OH GOD IT'S BILL COSBY THE SPIDER
Pokebis
I played the Baconing on my PC with my cousin two dualshock 3s connected via bluetooth emulating 360 controllers. Pretty good game. You're near the end, awp.
awp
yeah I cleared the game twice (second time I was trying to shortcut the Insane trophy)

good ending, arguably better was my second time hitting the credits screen

"How many people work at Hothead games?

...About half of them!"
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh shit, it looks like I'll be getting Saints Row 3 soon. I wasn't thinking about getting it at first, but I saw 40 uninterrupted minutes of gameplay and it looks more fun than I thought. The fact that Saints Row 2 still comes with that makes it even better.
awp
SR3 is dangerously addicting

I only play it when I have like a four hour window where I'm not required to do shit
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, I bought a mess of games just now. Saints Row 3, Rage, Deus Ex, and Tales of Vesperia. Things are gonna get busy.
Lilac
I'm about to join the club guys.

Gonna start with Eternal Sonata...once I see my PS3.
Ivalset
You should start with Resonance of Fate instead.

For no reason other than it owns.
Lilac
I would...

...but I think my brother would cry.
Ivalset
W...what?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ivalset speaks the truth. I'm thinking about going through that game again and re-earning the Plat.
Ivalset
I still need to finish my run on Advanced.

I will eventually unlock the 10th difficulty, before I die.
Pokebis

Ivalset wrote:

10th difficulty
wtf
awp

Pokebis wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

10th difficulty
wtf
SNES games used to have like 13, 17 difficulties
Lilac
Well, it seems that I started off with Resonance of Fate because we don't have a second PS3 controller.

Derp.

It's very nice though, I enjoyed it once I knew what the Tri-Action actually does.
Ivalset
The game's tutorial is a little...obtuse. I'm pretty sure me or selphie can explain the finer intricacies if necessary, though.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That game seems so complicated at first, but then after you figure out the battle system, it feels really simple. And yet it's just so damn fun to play.

Also, Saints Row, motherfuckers. You'll never guess what my favorite color is.

Ivalset
Red?
Lilac
I thought it was blue, man.

Just look at the pants.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Jesus Christ, guys. It's yellow.
Pokebis
Yellow is my favorite color too!
And Ivalset's
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think I'm going overboard with the green though. If possible, I change every vehicle I have to green. My new outfit does have some light blue on it though. Some...
Mafiamaster
What's your PSN, Lilac? =D
Ivalset
Oh yeah, I got my first platinum today. In White Knight Chronicles II. On a spare account because na account wouldn't work on eu version of the game.

I think my save file has 1510 hours logged on it.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well that would explain why I never see you online. Also, that's fucking insane.
Ivalset
Yes, that's part of it. If you really wanted to, you could add Teslavi as well to your friendlist, but I'm sure you're already full since you're so superpopular.
Lilac
I'm too lazy to add people, so you can add me. Or add it to the first post, ADD ME GUYS. I even formatted it the same to be added on the first post.

Lilac - Volonei
Ivalset
Ugh, why am I playing mafiamaster in AH3 when I haven't even played AH3 in like 4 months...
Mafiamaster
You promised!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You know, awp, when you said that you can eventually make it so that you don't take any damage from certain things in Saints Row 3, I didn't think you meant that you would literally become invulnerable to those things. That's awesome.
Lilac

Chump change I say, chump change!
Ivalset
AH3 is one of those games you should just grab from PSN, as a digital download.

Well, assuming your internet can handle such a thing!
show more