forum

what's (in your opinion) the most overrated anime? (or manga)

posted
Total Posts
19
Topic Starter
viscerotonix
there are a lot of animes that i think are extremely undeserving of all the attention they get but hands down the most overrated one i've seen yet is jojo or my hero academia

i've tried watching both of these and they seriously don't hold my attention at all. jojo has an artstyle i cannot stand along with a plot that i hate as well. mha just seemed really bland to me, but i'm not super into superhero stuff anyway

no shade to people who like these! i understand WHY people do but they seriously aren't for me and i think they're overrated as hell haha
Wataxei
I agree that both MHA and JoJo are very overrated.

I'd like to add to the list that Darling in The Franxx is overrated as well.
Although the anime story was pretty good and a bit emotional, we have a whole bunch of Zero Two simps in the back and thinking it was the best anime ever created.

I also hate SAO (Sword Art Online) with a burning passion. The only thing good about it, is the openings.
Topic Starter
viscerotonix

Wataxei wrote:

I agree that both MHA and JoJo are very overrated.

I'd like to add to the list that Darling in The Franxx is overrated as well.
Although the anime story was pretty good and a bit emotional, we have a whole bunch of Zero Two simps in the back and thinking it was the best anime ever created.

I also hate SAO (Sword Art Online) with a burning passion. The only thing good about it, is the openings.
I agree with SAO being super boring n overrated too lmfao, but i've never watched darling in the franxx. all i know about it is people REALLY love zero two, idk ANYTHING abt the plot or other characters!
Kagayasumi
Overrated for me is an anime that is very mediocre but gets a fuck ton of attention. IMO jojo is not overrated because i found it unique the only thing I hate about it are the kids overusing the memes everywhere. For me overrated animes are darling in the franxx, BNHA and demon slayer. These shit are just generic(this is my opinion u can hate me). It follows the same character tropes, arc structures, group dynamics, battle tactics and antagonist formulas as every other shounen out there. As for DITF the Story is just so meh, nothing feels new. The Concept feels similar except for the add on of all it being a huge sexual innuendo. Shouldve have ended it to ep 18.

The Characters (Except for Zero-Two) are the generic 2 dimensional friends you see in every anime. With the protagonist pretty much that generic anime main character. Then again just because its generic doesnt mean its bad.
Topic Starter
viscerotonix

Yooshu wrote:

Overrated for me is an anime that is very mediocre but gets a fuck ton of attention. IMO jojo is not overrated because i found it unique the only thing I hate about it are the kids overusing the memes everywhere. For me overrated animes are darling in the franxx, BNHA and demon slayer. These shit are just generic(this is my opinion u can hate me). It follows the same character tropes, arc structures, group dynamics, battle tactics and antagonist formulas as every other shounen out there. As for DITF the Story is just so meh, nothing feels new. The Concept feels similar except for the add on of all it being a huge sexual innuendo. Shouldve have ended it to ep 18.

The Characters (Except for Zero-Two) are the generic 2 dimensional friends you see in every anime. With the protagonist pretty much that generic anime main character. Then again just because its generic doesnt mean its bad.
I agree that jojo is unique in some ways but i really didn't think it was Good at what it was doing, but i'm also sure that kids overusing memes about it and my personal experience with jojo fans gives me a bit of a bias against it. i think it has some REALLY good OPs and cool character designs/ideas but it really to me isn't worthy of all the praise i see it getting

as for BNHA it totally does play out like other shounen animes and didn't stand out to me at all. seriously don't care to watch it, wouldn't say it's "bad" at what it does but it isn't anything i haven't seen.

i haven't watched demon slayer, i like the art but all the characters look the same once you get past the main few.
Wataxei

viscerotonix wrote:

Wataxei wrote:

I agree that both MHA and JoJo are very overrated.

I'd like to add to the list that Darling in The Franxx is overrated as well.
Although the anime story was pretty good and a bit emotional, we have a whole bunch of Zero Two simps in the back and thinking it was the best anime ever created.

I also hate SAO (Sword Art Online) with a burning passion. The only thing good about it, is the openings.
I agree with SAO being super boring n overrated too lmfao, but i've never watched darling in the franxx. all i know about it is people REALLY love zero two, idk ANYTHING abt the plot or other characters!
Literally the whole fan base is built around praising Zero Two and forgetting everything else lol
NavneetG7
Jojo and SAO
I tried to get into Jojo but I could not get into it. I think it is not for me .
seraphishungry
hm ig MHA,demon slayer,SAO,HxH,jojo and attack on titan is overrated
Topic Starter
viscerotonix
i'm glad to see that the replies didn't become full of jojo fans screaming at me !!
aNoob543
Would you say Tokyo Ghoul is overrated
Topic Starter
viscerotonix

aNoob543 wrote:

Would you say Tokyo Ghoul is overrated
i've never seen tokyo ghoul so i don't have an opinion on it. it's on my to watch list though since a lot of people like it!
ClassicKami
seishun buta yarou idk
Asphiee
I believe that Solo Leveling is really overrated and the reason I can say that is because of these reasons:

1. The aforementioned manwha, like any typical Korean drama, is very protagonist-centric. It only focuses on the main character's narrative and perspective which objectively makes the show dull (not K-drama tho).

Good series objectively like, Overlord which has an overpowered protagonist does not tend to focus on Ainz only but rather showcase opposing character's narrative and outlook which makes this light novel more interesting.

2. Lack of MC conflict. The only struggle I remember reading the series was at the beginning when he was so weak after that there's nothing much of a challenge.

Fame, power, uniqueness, and recognition, if you get all those in a short period it dulls the flavor of the series and makes it boring to read, that's what happen to Solo Leveling.

One Punch Man's Saitama would be a good counter for that. You know why I couldn't drop this series? It's because despite being so overpowered, Saitama was scorned by the people and didn't even acknowledge his strength as a hero. Also, the road to recognition was a path that seems too difficult to attain for him because it all ends up King taking all the cake.

If Saitama was already recognised by the populace at the beginning, then I would have already dropped the series.
As for anime, Enen no Shoubotai I guess. I don't see anything special about the anime really, just the average stuff you see like Ao no Exorcist which is also overrated.

However, both series isn't bad in an objective point of view. They're one of those series that doesn't leave a bad taste but also doesn't leave any lingering good aftertaste when you finished watching the show.

Kimetsu no Yaiba.

The anime was pretty good actually, nothing bad to say about. But I don't understand the overhyped audience really, the way they overrate the series feels like it's one of the masterpiece to ever exist.

The show wasnt bad but definitely not a plot to be hyped about.
animesquadgp
Haikyuu,i got bored after like 3 episodes
Asphiee

aNoob543 wrote:

Would you say Tokyo Ghoul is overrated
Yes, although the MAL rating was justified by giving it the rating it deserved. The series still has its good reputation and consistent popularity despite the pointless and terrible storyline in 3rd and 4th season.

Accompanied by a terrible animation, Tokyo Ghoul's fame was all due to the 1st and 2nd season and OVA; aside from that, nothing notable to say about the anime.

What's keeping alive Tokyo Ghoul is its opening song and ikemen, chad (maybe not) of a protagonist. It's a big hit for the ones who just started watching anime though; I recommend Tokyo Ghoul if you want a good memory for your first one.
Sugar_owo
Jojo, MHA, and Naruto.


Your lie in April is better.
- Mahiro -
Anime: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Konosuba, Tate Yuusha no Nariagari, Tensei Slime
Manga: 177013
Ohara
naruto & mha
Phantonym
SAO
Please sign in to reply.

New reply