forum

Adding new channels [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
As we have #videogames channel, why we still don't have channels like:
1. #anime - 70% beatmaps of osu! are from anime and many people are interested in it
2. #music - osu! is a rhythm game, is it?
3. #films - discussion about films and serials (you don't say)
4. #requests - feature requests discussion
5. #offtopic (1,2,3,...,n) - n channels without moderation where you can discuss everything (except 18+ topics)
deadbeat

Don Omar wrote:

1. #anime - 70% beatmaps of osu! are from anime and many people are interested in it
requested before

Don Omar wrote:

2. #music - osu! is a rhythm game, is it?
no opinion on this one

Don Omar wrote:

3. #films - discussion about films and serials (you don't say)
sounds unneeded to me :/

Don Omar wrote:

4. #requests - feature requests discussion
not real need. it can just all get posted here, or if its just asking if a request exists, ask with me or theo :p

Don Omar wrote:

5. #offtopic (1,2,3,...,n) - n channels without moderation where you can discuss everything (except 18+ topics)
requested as well
blissfulyoshi
From my memory of talking to Derekku, channels are awarded when there are enough ppl to support one (Looking at the foreign language thread, 30 on/off active ppl).

#anime/otaku things - t/111134?hilit=%23anime (read all the links from there)

#music - since the channel is somewhat popular, maybe.

#films - no way (American film stuff in forums sugggestion was shot down hard. If you are talking about anime movies, obviously the section above works better)

#requests - Request are best when they are talked over by the affected parties, so it is best to ask ppl with direct contact with the issue than create a channel where random ppl gather

#offtopic - a long time ago, a channel like this existed. I think it ended up being just another #osu, and it was removed

In short, most of these sadly don't have a chance.
theowest
music.. What do you think would be discussed there? We already have #osu, #ctb, #taiko, #osumania, #modhelp and #modreqs. Aren't those full of music already? People would just /np stuff anyway. Music Hall isn't as active as you might think. 91

movies/films. It would probably end up more dead than #videogames.

#requests. Everything should be discussed on this forum, so more people can read and contribute.
MillhioreF
#music is the only channel that has a shadow of a chance, and it would probably end up dead anyway, sorry!
Compa
I would surely like offtopic. Got an infraction in #osu for nonsense q-q
blissfulyoshi
With so many people saying none of these channels have a chance, I'm just going to mark as invalid. If you feel like, undoing this decision, go ahead.