I rarely ever watch anime but when I heard about this I am excited
Sophie Twilight
Not really. I heavily prefer Fukushuu o Koinegau to get animated than this
-NeL
This did not age well
animeslayergp

N30Th3N00b wrote:

This did not age well
you could say that again lmao,i normally dont think this but,that anime is weird
Topic Starter
qwt

N30Th3N00b wrote:

This did not age well

animesquadgp wrote:

N30Th3N00b wrote:

This did not age well
you could say that again lmao,i normally dont think this but,that anime is weird
anime is a little weird but fine by me, one of my first animes
Akumace1
Damn is it really that bad. Not worth watching? I know anime fans have a big problem with hating something before watching it. So to anyone who has watched it, is it really this bad?
Topic Starter
qwt

Akumace1 wrote:

Damn is it really that bad. Not worth watching? I know anime fans have a big problem with hating something before watching it. So to anyone who has watched it, is it really this bad?
I watched it and read the manga its fine to me
LukashF

Akumace1 wrote:

I would say that the anime is honestly like a 4/10 or 5/10. The only reason most people are watching it is because of the shock value. I think most people who are calling bad are just calling it bad because of just how shocking and disgusting it can be at times. If you remove the shock value it just becomes the typical seasonal harem/fantasy anime. This "anime" makes Goblin Slayer look like teletubbies. By shock value I'm mostly referring to all of the rape scenes.
Asphiee

LukashF wrote:

By shock value I'm mostly referring to all of the rape scenes.
Now I'm curious if this anime got a cheating, netorare stuff.. Or just rape scenes but more heartbreaking than Goblin Slayer.

if you don't possess that "shock value" then that means you've ceased on becoming a human. It really makes you appreciate that just by having those emotions, you'll learn to feel the thrill and heartbreaks of every film. I think that's the whole point of the subject in discuss is all about. If you're numb to it, then what's the whole point of the show?

Those painful feeling of seeing someone committing such inhumane and heinous acts is the reason why some audience are drawn to it, it's kind of irony if you think about it.

Some people watch dark films not because they find pleasure from other's misfortune, rather they watch it because they gain pleasure from their own heartbreaks of watching someone getting raped (as you stated above).
TheKingHenry
Interesting thoughts @Asphyre

not big on shock values myself, be it this kinda stuff or effect horror or whatnot, just feels very shallow as a form of entertainment. I'm not interested in being shocked just to feel something lol

More psychological aspects and the like have more depth and are more intriguing in my opinion.

With this in mind I do fancy many revenge stories (very tempted to quote that one Berserk passage here which illustrates the intriguing aspects really well) and I did check out a bit of this thingy too.

Idk man, props that it was quite uncomfortable in the sense that those kind of things should be but I didn't exactly grasp anything deeper than that, so "ehhhhhhh, shock value" seemed my impression from there. Won't be following it but maybe I'll recheck the state down the years when it's finished or something if there's anything worth in it, there's typically potential for strong character growth in these "falling on nothing" type of scenario beginnings after all
Nao Tomori
its a pure incel rape fantasy lol