forum

Fake Hit Circles With NO BPM 0 ! (Still Looking for a Explanation)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Coffee Addict-
Video of such Hit Circles

What is this ?

I'll try to keep it brief, think of it as BPM 0.
When BPM is 0 we see the circles, but we can't click them. Like if it was some kind of Illusion, like they weren't there.
This is somewhat the same, but without the use of BPM 0, instead, spiners are used.

How to do it ?

First of, you can donwload this, by downloading it from my on-work beatmap, the difficulty name is Ninja Spinners, do as you please.
beatmapsets/1294901#osu/2688278

We don't use Normal spinners, but spinners that have been edited in the notepad. (.osu)
This is the conposition of a spiner in the notepad:
256,192,229600,12,0,230400,0:0:0:0:
X,Y,SpinnerStart,Notetype,Hitsound,SpinnerEnd,0:0:0:0

We just care about 2 of these values, the Spinner Start "229600" and Spinner end "230400".
the values hold the timmings of the spinner, when it starts and when its supposed to end.

Now we can mess with these values.
We can make the spinner end as soon as it started by editing both values to the same number in the notepad.
Would look like this
256,192,229600,12,0,229600,0:0:0:0:
But what if we make the spinner end before it starts ?
Yes, by editing the Spinner End value in the notepad smaller than the Spinner Start (Aka Timming of note) then the spinner ends before it even starts. Not that difficult to understand.
Would look like this
256,192,229600,12,0,199500,0:0:0:0:
This is more known as a Ninja Spinner. A spinner that isn't required to be spinned to get a 300.

Now this is where it gets different.
Since the spinner start isnt near the spinner end, the spinner ends without being loaded, meaning it wont have the characteristic Ninja Spinner background of spinners ending and starting. (s0m3guy's Invisible Spinners)

And at this point is where I can't come to explain it anymore, hence I came to make the post.

I can't find a definitive explanation to the reason of this happening, but i'll try to keep it as simple as possible.
-Let's say we make a certain string of notes (Not Sliders), 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10. In the start of a 5 minute beatmap.
-At the end of the beatmap, we make the same amount of notes, but in spinners, So 10 Spinners.
-We Save and Open the .osu in .txt
-We manually edit each spinner end value (timming) to be the timming of the notes we placed on the start in order. So the first spinner has its ending on the same timming as the first hitcircle. (1)
Would Look like this
279,58,90911,5,0,0:0:0:0: (HitCircle)
256,192,299454,12,0,90911,0:0:0:0: (Spinner)
-We repeat the process, until all spinner ends are on each note.

In my video this resulted in everynote after the 7th becoming unhitable. There were 36 Hitcircles, and 36 Spinners, After the 7th the circles didnt hit anymore, resulting in a total of 43 combo.

If you can find a more reasonable explanation or some other method to replicate this in a easier way, please respond to this forum thread.
M i X
osuHOW
gummibar
this isn't something i know a great deal about. in fact, i barely know anything about it at all. i am just someone who takes aspire way too seriously, and this is about what you learn from taking aspire way too seriously.

this is a quirk in the way osu handles hit objects which is called "unloading". it is notoriously tricky to manage past some simple things. i can give you a rough idea of whats up with a very not technical explanation. osu can only handle so many consecutive hit objects on screen at once, and pushing the engine past this leads to very, very quirky things. an example of this is "the skies open"'s invisible sliders (see https://youtu.be/Q4skObgROHY?t=54, also can be seen in jakads' time to say goodbye). these are also done using ninja spinners (which i call negative spinners because i think that ninja spinners also include instant and very quick spinners). object unloading can also be seen in ALOT of 2b maps, and it's the reason why some are impossible to ss (sliderends get unloaded and cant be hit, even some hitcircles). in these cases, object unloading actually has to be worked around rather than worked with, unless you just don't care, which is chill, but you've also got to keep in mind that object unloading causes autofail. here's a video about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8teIBNQfr7Q&ab_channel=pishifat.

yeah, that's half an answer. i hope that helped somehow, although i really do not know how it would. there's probably some helpful info in there. why it doesn't break combo i have no idea.
Topic Starter
-Coffee Addict-

TheSpook39 wrote:

this isn't something i know a great deal about. in fact, i barely know anything about it at all. i am just someone who takes aspire way too seriously, and this is about what you learn from taking aspire way too seriously.

this is a quirk in the way osu handles hit objects which is called "unloading". it is notoriously tricky to manage past some simple things. i can give you a rough idea of whats up with a very not technical explanation. osu can only handle so many consecutive hit objects on screen at once, and pushing the engine past this leads to very, very quirky things. an example of this is "the skies open"'s invisible sliders (see https://youtu.be/Q4skObgROHY?t=54, also can be seen in jakads' time to say goodbye). these are also done using ninja spinners (which i call negative spinners because i think that ninja spinners also include instant and very quick spinners). object unloading can also be seen in ALOT of 2b maps, and it's the reason why some are impossible to ss (sliderends get unloaded and cant be hit, even some hitcircles). in these cases, object unloading actually has to be worked around rather than worked with, unless you just don't care, which is chill, but you've also got to keep in mind that object unloading causes autofail. here's a video about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8teIBNQfr7Q&ab_channel=pishifat.

yeah, that's half an answer. i hope that helped somehow, although i really do not know how it would. there's probably some helpful info in there. why it doesn't break combo i have no idea.
This was a good explanation, it really makes me happy to know people enjoy mapping in freaky ways just for fun, as I have been growing a lot of interest for aspire mapping.
I really dont know much myself either, tho I love the term Negative Spinners, It feels good to know. As for why this doesnt result in a complete mess of misses, I dont even know. I will be experimenting more with it, and if I ever get to know something more or need advice to continue, I'll try contacting you.
-Coffee
gummibar
coming back to this for the ninth time now. i found this from someone (honestly, probably the single someone living) who knows what they're talking about when it comes to unloading. it is a simple explanation, and it is not necessarily a method for manipulating unloading, but it helps alot.

Karoo_13 wrote:

objects are sorted by start time but loaded based on end time, when these are mismatched due to 2b it can cause objects to unload while still visible, causing your issue and autofail
Karoo, 13:1
karoo if you're reading this take me on as your apprentice
For some examples of what 2b arrangements cause unloading, I again recommend pishifat's video on 2b and autofail. It doesn't cover everything, especially not negative spinners, but it's cool.

this unloading is not mimicking the 0bpm effect, 0bpm just causes unloading. A Mo's video on this showcases him putting 0bpm in the middle of a map. I did the same thing, and I found that what is happening is that a bpm of zero makes every single slider last forever, effectively manufacturing 2b, and some very messy 2b at that (I don't exactly remember the end of the video, it might already have stated this). This causes unloading from the 0bpm point to the end of the song due to infinitely long sliders and infinitely delayed sliderends. Bang! Full answer. There you go. Mastahpiece.

(sorry for not responding for your message i have no idea how everything i send from the website gets erased from time)
[[[[[[
not sure if this is related but can you upload the map again plz, the map itself is really good even without the negative spinner gimmick