forum

mapping is a social game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beaver
Can't get stuff ranked, how long do I gotta go through modding queues and messaging BN's before they recognize my existance lol

THIS IS A SHITPOST BTW, SATIRE IS DEAD

THIS WAS A JOKE SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE
Zelzatter Zero
This pinned thread pretty much explain everything you want here.

Worth a note that this is not just new mappers' problem, ranked mappers also struggle too.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
nope. if it's a social game you should be able to gacha to win
Zelzatter Zero

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

osu gacha when?
Tyranox_
oh no
TheKingHenry

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

osu gacha when?
it's time to stop

Webthesnail63 wrote:

Can't get stuff ranked, how long do I gotta go through modding queues and messaging BN's before they recognize my existance lol
quickie drive-by two things that can improve the chance of BN looking at your map - whether or not that leads to anything more or not is another thing

1. aim your requests towards BNs who like the music you map
2. massive sets or high SR maps can be turnoff without looking at the map, because "there's more to fuck up", or there's massive work to be done for perhaps possible results, or both. Especially the high end difficult stuff can turn away

or smth
jschlatt stan
ya seem like a newer mapper

may wanna get more experienced with mapping before tryna rank something or asking bns

imo right now you shouldnt be focused on ranking a map or even asking for bn mods, but rather focusing on improving

funny youtube to help you | link
Topic Starter
beaver

Webthesnail63 wrote:

TheKingHenery wrote:

quickie drive-by two things that can improve the chance of BN looking at your map - whether or not that leads to anything more or not is another thing

1. aim your requests towards BNs who like the music you map
2. massive sets or high SR maps can be turnoff without looking at the map, because "there's more to fuck up", or there's massive work to be done for perhaps possible results, or both. Especially the high end difficult stuff can turn away

or smth
How tf am I suppose to know this? Is there some secret underground system where all mappers know the preferences of BN's? A lot of BN's claim to "be friendly" and "not bite" when out of 25 BN's I messaged 5 of them even responded, let alone gave any meaningful advise. I can't improve as a mapper if the people who know how to map don't help.

Also the map has 1 diff and is 5.7 stars, idk how that's off-putting

jiebi wrote:

ya seem like a newer mapper

may wanna get more experienced with mapping before tryna rank something or asking bns

imo right now you shouldnt be focused on ranking a map or even asking for bn mods, but rather focusing on improving

funny youtube to help you | link
Why should I need to follow a formula on how to map. From the BN's I talked to, one said I needed more complexity, while another said some parts were to complex and didn't fit the rhythm. Some people tell me to change one thing, others a different thing. There are no winners, just idiots.

edit: Also, I keep hearing the same stuff from people in the mapping community "get more experience" and "map more," But the same logic applies with the game itself. I got the the point in the actual game where I can play most maps comfortably.

edit 2: I am not a 6 digit, I know how the game works.

edit 3: Why is mapping any different? I know the basics, it's time to move my skill to the next level. I might sound like I'm whining, but I seriously don't care anymore. The community has the perception that you need to be mapping for x amount of months or years to get maps ranked. Being honest, I just want a map ranked to have it ranked.

edit 4: Also @TheKingHenry, you literally have a beatmap that got ranked that has no fc's and 1/2 of the leaderboard is full of no-fail Black Widow's Web. You get maps like that ranked while I can't get a generic map ranked.

edit 5: I just played the map twice, actually horrible, worse than hollow wings maps.
Jelljel
At first I thought this was just a cute mapper tangent but after reading your responses I'm actually uncertain if this is satire or not.

Anyway in the case it isn't.

Mapping is a social game is such a weak mindset anyway, It's like blaming your groupmates when you fail an assignment or lose another ranked game. In general stop trying to blame everything on something else.

Anyway why are you so eager on ranking maps anyway shrug, with a mentality like this you won't get far anywhere.

Now to directly adress some things cuz I genuinly think you are in disbelief.

1. 90% of bns have preferences on their profile and for the other 10% you can easily guess what they like by the maps they rank/nominate. I think seto wrote some interesting stuff about it but cant seem to find the link.

2. Playing skill =/= mapping skill.

3. Yes certain styles are easier to rank. No this doesnt mea just cuz ur map is generic it will get ranked easily. Been there done that, didn't work.

I'm not even gonna bother to adress your other points.

Please enjoy game

(I can't believe I actually responded to this)
Topic Starter
beaver
Most of this is satire, but what genuinely confuses me is how map which have leaderboards filled with C ranks are acceptable. Also, I don't see your mindset getting any of your maps ranked lmao.

(I can't believe I actually responded to this)
peepee
hi web beautiful weather we're having
Zelzatter Zero
didn't know this is satire wtf
Topic Starter
beaver
Bro, you do realize this game is about clicking circles. Good maps are those that are playable. Bad mindsets=/=maps not getting ranked xd

If anything you got a weak mental if you're taking the time out of your day to respond to a shitpost.
Zelzatter Zero
that why i hate satire sometimes..
abraker
I despise the ranked process for many reasons, some of which were stated here.

anyway, closing since op wants this closed