forum

When someone said "Asia", which part of the continent do you usually think of first?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zelzatter Zero
Per title.

I'm one of the people who forgot that countries like Iran are in Asia too (despite being Asian myself, I should be ashamed) since I tend to think of South East (Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc) and East (Japan, South Korea, etc) when someone mentioned Asia and not South West (Iran, Saubi Arabica, etc) or anything else.

So what about you?
- Marco -
Japan because i'm a weeb
ClevelandsMyBro
chronologically
  1. Japan
  2. Indonesia
Arctos Sagittario
It’s probably 7th graders knowledge that anywhere starting from Turkey, western side of Russia, Suez canel… to the eastern end of the continent would be Asia. Specifically, part of Egypt is Asian not African.

But still, we tend to call the guys Arabian at far west, Comrade at north, and nice curry at Indian peninsula… so yeah, Asian means eastern and southeastern part of the continent.
animeslayergp
japan
Nuuskamuikkunen
I usually think about east asia first too (strangely, I think of China before), sometimes about south east asia too.

You know, something similar happens to me, whenever someone says America the first country I think about is the US, and whenever someone says Latin America I think of Mexico or Argentina. I sometimes forget Surinam exists despite me being south american as well lol. (they say there's a country called Paraguay too, but I think it's a myth invented to make us think that we have more territory)

As a geography nerd. IT'S SAUDI ARABIA. NOT SAUDI ARABICA REEEEEEEE.
Asphiee
dont be ashamed, we're pacific islanders... we and the middle east has forgiven you :'D
Kolmas
Indonesia then China, cuz usually people just call China China, but Indonesia in category South East Asia (which is I heard the word Asia most of it)
Phantonym
Japan
abraker
China, followed by middle east
Zenriel
Japan
Indonesia
: )
TheKingHenry
honestly it depends on the context it is mentioned in lol

if it's randomly outta blue, probably

abraker wrote:

China, followed by middle east
this
GPR

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

When someone said "Asia", which part of the continent do you usually think of first?
My house.
Asphiee
*Inserts Meanwhile in Finland meme*
Noob
Japan
Indonesia
and China
Asphiee
Posters: Japan, China, Korea, Indonesia, Middle East

Russia: Am I a joke to you?
ClevelandsMyBro

Asphyre wrote:

Russia ain't asian, but Kim Jong-un is

edit: actally, is siberia considered asia? my teacher said russia as a whole is europian
Jonarwhal
China, then Japan and Korea, then SEA, then India, then the Middle East
Nuuskamuikkunen

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Asphyre wrote:

edit: actally, is siberia considered asia? my teacher said russia as a whole is europian
Russia is geographically part of both.
GPR

eblf2013 wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Asphyre wrote:

Russia is geographically part of both.
Politically?
show more