forum

notification about silence in-game when sb is PMing you [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aka
i am wondering about adding notification about your silence in-game when someone is PMing you

recently i had pretty long silence and a many users PMed me during this period of time, asked for/told me something. some of them were waiting for my reply and often were dissapointed, even a bit angry because i was not replied them..
sure there are not many users which are having long silences ~for a week or more length, but i think it would be useful for them who have it
likewise not all of people accepting forum PMs, so it's no ability to contact the person

so i'd like to have something like automatically notification in-game PM when user sent you a message, here in the same tab like ">user< is away: afk" → ">user< is cannot speak for another 999 hour(s), check their profile fot further information."

it is somehow possible? or- ><

really wanna >:
PROGUY
You can already do that. Just type /away <message> and then type /away to turn it back off.
Bass
Now - trough game you can't send messages while you are silenced. That concers commands aswell. It's possible to set /away via irc client but.. not everyone uses it so short message like "Warning! You are trying to PM silenced user" or something like that would be ok I think. In addition, Bancho could advise to forum PM silenced user instead.
Support
Wishy
I think you can't use /away while muted now.

Supporting this though. Other people may get troubled by the fact you can't answer and they don't know it.
Ephemeral
done with this feature and have it pushed on my dev branch, though whether it get used or not is up to peppy - there's a trend of not making a person's silenced status too immediately obvious to people and i'm not really sure if this would go against it or not
Wishy
Well you do get a red thing on the chat box when you get muted telling you... you just got muted for X minutes (which afaik appears right after you get silenced). This would just notify others who talk to you of this, doubt he'll be against it but can't do anything but wait.
Birdy
As an ex-always-muted-faggot, gotta support this in case I return in that form someday.

I won't.

But support.
MillhioreF
Silly eph, this has already been denied before!
t/97979 - p/1884596
TheVileOne
peppy's opinion is kind of invalid though. People should be notified when a user cannot respond back.
Topic Starter
Aka
awh :(
Wishy
So I get muted and other people get troubled.

Hueuheuhehuheu.
Ephemeral
unmarking as dup/invalid and marking as added after discussion in the dev channel

feature is live and ready on my test branch
MillhioreF
Oh, cool beans. Nice to see that minds change over time, I agree with this feature.