forum

[Archived] PP not going up!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wysi727
Problem details: My pp isn't going up. I don't really know how to put that in a screenshot but i can say this, i just played DADADADADADADA easy and my pp was at 141 and when i got a S it didn't go up, im pretty sure this happened with Kiss Me yesterday.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Beta 20201017.2
Death
The performance point system is weighted, so it's not guaranteed that you'll get performance points for every single map you play.

help/wiki/Performance_points#weightage-system
Topic Starter
wysi727
well it states its giving me 4 - 6 pp but its only going up by 1
Tobias Leander
It's still weighted.. a 4 pp play for you would result in you getting close to 0 pp, read the stuff in the link Death sent you.
Topic Starter
wysi727
no no no weighted still says 4 and 6
Tobias Leander
From your profile.

Pink numbers is unweighted white numbers are after being weighted, I'm pretty certain that says 0.
Topic Starter
wysi727
uhm
other songs are not going up
Zelzatter Zero
All your recent play (except the Normal one) has the raw pp of 2-4, which is way too low for the weightage considering you have bunches of 5-7pp play already.

Seriously, play harder maps if you want to gain more pp.
Topic Starter
wysi727
alright ok so it is going up, im using the weighted now but the thing is that i played 2 maps and i look at the weighted. It's supposed to go up by 18 because one goes up by 10 and the other goes up by 8 but my PP went up by 3.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Something that hasn't been mentioned in detail yet is that when you make a PP play, everything below that play in weightage system gets weighed less.

Easiest example is your top play being weighed 100%. If you make a new top play, your previous top will now be 95%, meaning you lose that 5% of pp weightage and your total PP gained will be offset slightly.

It's not as simple as adding numbers and expecting to get that amount of pp. You will never see a direct 1:1 increase in pp, even if weighted 100% because all your scores below it will be shifted down some %.

tl:dr pp is working fine, that's just how it is.