forum

Pro player mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
This would be a mod that could be used by players who are sure of their abilities with completing beatmaps with good accuracy & full combo. The mod would add a small multiplier increase as a reward for having the following options enabled during a game.

1) No combo feedback whilst playing.
2) No accuracy feedback whilst playing.
3) No online scoreboard at the left of the screen whilst playing.
4) No mention of the current rank that you have achieved whilst playing (ie. SS, S, A, B, C, D).
5) No mention of the players timing with clicking hit circles (ie. 50, 100, 300, Elite beat, etc). Osu! simply mentions whether the player hit, or missed a hit circle.
6) The followpoint will be disabled whilst playing.
7) The numbers in the middle of hit circles will be removed and replaced with a single graphic image.
8) The vertical meters on spinners will be disabled, and there will be no mention of whether the spinner was completed in time, or not.
9) The spinner SPM indicator will be disabled whilst playing a beatmap.

In other words, the player wont know how well he/she has done until the beatmap has been completed. :) :twisted:
Ivalset
I see no point in giving this a multiplier, if it were to ever become a mod. It's not eaffecting your ability to play, only your ability to see how well you have been playing.
FurukawaPan
Well, 1~5 are actually going to make the game *easier* (no distractions to cause a combo break). In my experience, score being displayed, combo multipliers getting large, seeing 100s, 50s, etc actually make play *harder* because they *distract* me from the game.

6 really has minimal to no impact unless playing on flashlight.

7 In most cases will have no impact, will possibly make clusters a bit more confusing.

8 and 9 may shake one's confidence in spinners, but this doesn't really increase the difficulty of them.

I don't like this. There's no point to it other than to get some visual clutter out of the way, and that sure as hell doesn't justify a score increase.

Also: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11645

This other post is just a "subset" of this one, and was denied.
Rolled

Ivalset wrote:

I see no point in giving this a multiplier, if it were to ever become a mod. It's not effecting your ability to play, only your ability to see how well you have been playing.
Agreed. Rather than becoming a mod that challengingly increases the available score of the map, it will be a requirement to achieve the top ranks.
Gemi

Rolled wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

I see no point in giving this a multiplier, if it were to ever become a mod. It's not effecting your ability to play, only your ability to see how well you have been playing.
Agreed. Rather than becoming a mod that challengingly increases the available score of the map, it will be a requirement to achieve the top ranks.
This and this.
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

Ivalset wrote:

I see no point in giving this a multiplier, if it were to ever become a mod. It's not affecting your ability to play, only your ability to see how well you have been playing.
and No
Ivalset
Fuck, did I really write effecting? welp.
DawnII
You striked out an e. You striked out an e.

And as to not derail this topic further, I also agree that this mod should not give a score increase.
anonymous_old
I like points 1-5, but as An64fan said these can be done by modifying a skin (or pressing tab).

And definitely no point increase!

A note: videos can be disabled at the options screen (globally) and as a mod (per map). Can this be done with combos counts, accuracy, etc.? Or is the only reason for having the No Video mod is to prevent lag on some maps? (If that's the case, what maps don't lag with video??)
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
Adding another point type for this is overkill. It's not really a fun mod for most players and having a new point system for it would "force" people to play something that they really don't want to.

Basically I see no way to do this so that there is any point in it.
Ivalset
You're not making it any more difficult. You're just lengthening the time between retries.
ThePassingShadow
I kind of like this idea, if the multiplier is smaller than say, Hard Rock. Like 1.04x.

Maybe call it "Display Off" mod or something.

The idea of removing everything (especially numbers on circles) is pretty cool.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Gemi wrote:

Adding another point type for this is overkill. It's not really a fun mod for most players and having a new point system for it would "force" people to play something that they really don't want to.

Basically I see no way to do this so that there is any point in it.
I do understand what you're saying. :)

If the mod were added to Osu! and gave a score multiplier increase, or some other bonus for using it, then players would be forced to replay the maps they've already completed just to get a small score boost from using the mod. Thus, wasting a lot of player time and energy, and making the game less enjoyable for players who don't like using the mod.

So, if anyone is still interested in having this mod added, then I definately think it should be unranked.
An64fan
vytalibus
The way I see it, this mod is quite similar to the "Dark" mod in DDRMAX, only covering more parts of the osu! screen. I personally don't think this deserves a multiplier of some sort if this would be implemented.
mm201

adamskii_uk wrote:

1) No combo feedback whilst playing.
2) No accuracy feedback whilst playing.
3) No online scoreboard at the left of the screen whilst playing.
4) No mention of the current rank that you have achieved whilst playing (ie. SS, S, A, B, C, D).
5) No mention of the players timing with clicking hit circles (ie. 50, 100, 300, Elite beat, etc). Osu! simply mentions whether the player hit, or missed a hit circle.

adamskii_uk wrote:

9) The spinner SPM indicator will be disabled whilst playing a beatmap.
Pointless. I disable the leaderboard because it's a distraction. :P

adamskii_uk wrote:

6) The followpoint will be disabled whilst playing.
7) The numbers in the middle of hit circles will be removed and replaced with a single graphic image.
8) The vertical meters on spinners will be disabled, and there will be no mention of whether the spinner was completed in time, or not.
These could get interesting. The white dots actually become super-important in Flashlight, so removing them would be a huge cripple.

Numbers aren't a big deal, but could add some confusion on odd streams/clusters. (JJF anyone?)

Spinners, again, aren't a really big deal unless they're really short, really hard or something.

Also, the player's still going to know if he missed something based on his HP. (Well, unless you hide THAT too, and you just spontaneously ... FAIL! :twisted:)