forum

Suddenly Struggling With Jumps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Prisinence
Just looking for a little bit of advice. I used to be better at jumps than anything else when I worked my way into 4 star maps, but now I'm struggling a whole lot more. I can hit a few, but I'm messing up way more than I used to. During the time in which I was better at them, I was completely unable to do streams, which I am able to now. I'm not sure if those two are related. This is happening on maps that I've played multiple times already as well. I just can't play them as well.

*I probably should have mentioned that I'm typically undershooting. I'm hitting the keys at the correct time, but fail to get the cursor to the circle itself. I think I may be thinking too far ahead, but I don't know what to do about it.
Aetherian
Your ability to do jumps can decrease if you play only streams / do little to no jumps for a long time. You should probably try to do a bit easier stuff and when you can consistently fc easier stuff then work your way up to harder things. You should also play many types of maps so you don't only play either jumps or streams
Topic Starter
Prisinence

Aetherian wrote:

Your ability to do jumps can decrease if you play only streams / do little to no jumps for a long time. You should probably try to do a bit easier stuff and when you can consistently fc easier stuff then work your way up to harder things. You should also play many types of maps so you don't only play either jumps or streams
Makes sense.. Though it's still odd. I had been playing both types of maps this whole time. It felt so sudden.
Thank you though! I'll try to go back to some easier maps..
HecaRegina
Maybe you been playing for a long time without breaks? It is always been recommended repeatedly that breaks in between game times is essential for osu.

I find myself tire more easily and do extremely bad if I play close to almost everyday. Thus for every for 1-3 weeks depending on how long I last, I will take a few days of break. Take note, breaks MUST last a few days to a week for this to work. It's like studies, same application just doing it for video games.

Somehow, my focus & attention will suddenly shot up and can do any maps extremely well, something a lot of players have said and proven to work.
Topic Starter
Prisinence

HecaRegina wrote:

Maybe you been playing for a long time without breaks? It is always been recommended repeatedly that breaks in between game times is essential for osu.

I find myself tire more easily and do extremely bad if I play close to almost everyday. Thus for every for 1-3 weeks depending on how long I last, I will take a few days of break. Take note, breaks MUST last a few days to a week for this to work. It's like studies, same application just doing it for video games.

Somehow, my focus & attention will suddenly shot up and can do any maps extremely well, something a lot of players have said and proven to work.
Oh!! I've been playing for 1-2 hours every day at this point. I wasn't aware that breaks needed to be at least a few days. Thank you for letting me know.