forum

4k/7k ranking feature explanation please?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AW_Flister
I recently realized (by accident) that this thing exists. By hovering your mouse over ranking, a popup shows like so:

Same goes for the country ranking.

So it appears that it can separate between my 4k and 7k ranks? But i barely play 7k so assuming it uses pp to calculate rank, my 7k rank should be far lower. Or maybe that's not how it's calculated? Also when did this get implemented? How will it affect ranking requirements for tournaments? More info on it is much appreciated.
WitherMite
there are three different pp numbers, all keys, 4k, and 7k, you can see them if you hover over your pp count on your profile.
7k ranking is a lot less competitive as well, for example, my mania rank is 25k, yet my 7k rank is 9k. it was implemented pretty recently, don't quite remember when, may have been june / july.
[LS]PositoniX
This got implemented a few months ago iirc? The way this impacts tourney requirements is that instead of asking you to be #5k total, you need to be #5k in the given keymode you're playing on.

As for your 7k rank, it's so high because a lot of 7k players are just very inactive now, so the 7k rankings are comprable to the ctb rankings. Not much pp is needed to get into 4 digit.