Post your slider

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwt

This could be helpful to some people I guess

Ill post more later
DeletedUser_13957006
the second one is... interesting, to say the least.
Topic Starter
qwt

Blackeei wrote:

I like the slider because blanket but it dosen't work on some mapping styles
Zelzatter Zero

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

yeah, I personally don't really like this slider on some older maps, it really feels unfitting and random tbh.
WitherMite
I don't like the tail anchor on the second slider - plz fix
Topic Starter
qwt

WitherMite wrote:

I don't like the tail anchor on the second slider - plz fix
but than the slider ded
GPR

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

yeah, I personally don't really like this slider on some older maps, it really feels unfitting and random tbh.
Most of them is inspired by slider shape from original EBA game.
Chiru-kun

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

*uses majority curve sliders*
*uses curve with line at end*
"is this variety?"
Topic Starter
qwt

renzthegreat wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

*uses majority curve sliders*
*uses curve with line at end*
"is this variety?"
YES
Dialect
can you uncapitalize "Osu" please
Topic Starter
qwt

Li Syaoran wrote:

can you uncapitalize "Osu" please
Osu
Adinda

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

Is it rly random i actually like it and sometimes really use it beatmapsets/1275956#osu/2651075 works well imo
Zelzatter Zero

Adinda wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

Is it rly random i actually like it and sometimes really use it beatmapsets/1275956#osu/2651075 works well imo
the literal reason why I explicitly stated "some" maps.
ClevelandsMyBro

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Adinda wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

seen it on like all of monstratas maps. it looks jerky and doesn't play well.
Asphiee

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Adinda wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

uhh doesnt play well really depends on every people. take Beren for example, the movement of his maps are hard at first i didnt quite like it but after playing tons of his maps im now into his flows
Zelzatter Zero
So far the only instance that slidershape can fit imo was this pattern, slider 3 (which I have no fucking idea how I did it):

Other than that, most of the time it ruins the overall aesthetic for me.
ClevelandsMyBro

Asphyre wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Adinda wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

uhh doesnt play well really depends on every people. take Beren for example, the movement of his maps are hard at first i didnt quite like it but after playing tons of his maps im now into his flows
yes it's subjective. i forgot to write "imo" in my post.

about your statement tho, the same thing happened to me and monstrata but in reverse. i used and still likes his maps. my old maps were all hexagrids. but one thing i hate about hexagrids is that objects placements can sometimes be pretty strict. (i wish i had uploaded some maps back then to show my mapping progression)

then i hit 5 digits and my perspective on enjoyable maps has also changed. my maps now takes influence on "clean maps" from people like browiec and reform. weird thing about reform is when i was 6 digits, i despised his maps to hell. it felt like the map had no flow whatsoever. but as i got better at the game, his maps became fun and enjoyable (subjective (don't kill me)).

hey, someway somehow this thread is now related to this one community/forums/topics/1152569
Asphiee

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Asphyre wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Adinda wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

yes it's subjective. i forgot to write "imo" in my post.

about your statement tho, the same thing happened to me and monstrata but in reverse. i used and still likes his maps. my old maps were all hexagrids. but one thing i hate about hexagrids is that objects placements can sometimes be pretty strict. (i wish i had uploaded some maps back then to show my mapping progression)

then i hit 5 digits and my perspective on enjoyable maps has also changed. my maps now takes influence on "clean maps" from people like browiec and reform. weird thing about reform is when i was 6 digits, i despised his maps to hell. it felt like the map had no flow whatsoever. but as i got better at the game, his maps became fun and enjoyable (subjective (don't kill me)).

hey, someway somehow this thread is now related to this one community/forums/topics/1152569
gmt alert... aight imma post my hook sliders

https://prnt.sc/v1r9qf - no sharex in this pc....
Topic Starter
qwt
all I did is post a slider design I liked....
Asphiee

Reforms Expert wrote:

Lmao I mean this thread is gonna get locked if its gonna stray from topic Ig that's why I'm posting something related to the thread to avoid getting locked
ClevelandsMyBro

Asphyre wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Lmao I mean this thread is gonna get locked if its gonna stray from topic Ig that's why I'm posting something related to the thread to avoid getting locked
oops sorry guys :/

why not make this thread dedicated to posting random slidershapes so the public can apply it on their map (or something idk man).
i mean, the first post said;

idk why this thread couldn't be a community run thread
Topic Starter
qwt

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Asphyre wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

oops sorry guys :/

why not make this thread dedicated to posting random slidershapes so the public can apply it on their map (or something idk man).
i mean, the first post said;

will do
DeletedUser_5153421
wait i dont get this topic im just gonna post a random slider

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

I always had an idea that you could post a map and each diff would be a different slider shape for people to use so they could just copy paste it in their map.

i just realized putting a red anchor on top of the first anchor (must be done in notepad i think) and last anchor red makes it look a lot better

now that's an visually optimal wave slider
edit:wrong img lul
ClevelandsMyBro

icytors wrote:

i just realized putting a red anchor on top of the first anchor (must be done in notepad i think) and last anchor red makes it look a lot better

you don't need to go to notepad to do that. dragging 2 nodes to the slider head makes red node on sliderhead. some other way you could do that is to have a a sharp angle slider and then deleting the sliderhead node. both methods works for me.
---
so recently Sonnyc made a video about making symetrical sliders. i tried it, here is how it went
(video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkMFvq4ZLU )
DeletedUser_5153421

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

you don't need to go to notepad to do that. dragging 2 nodes to the slider head makes red node on sliderhead. some other way you could do that is to have a a sharp angle slider and then deleting the sliderhead node. both methods works for me.
It disappears when they're the same, and then there's just a gray anchor right next to the first anchor, as sort of beatmap 'optimization'. So I had to make the red anchor's coordinates 1 off so they wouldn't be the same. It's hard for me to precisely place slider anchors in the editor so i usually use notepad.
ClevelandsMyBro

icytors wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

It disappears when they're the same, and then there's just a gray anchor right next to the first anchor, as sort of beatmap 'optimization'. So I had to make the red anchor's coordinates 1 off so they wouldn't be the same. It's hard for me to precisely place slider anchors in the editor so i usually use notepad.
that's really weird. when i tried to testplay the map, the red anchor dissapeared but the slider shape stays the same. it's as if the red anchor is invisible. should've probably test this beforehand tbh.

anyways let's not get too off topic again
DeletedUser_5153421

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

icytors wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

that's really weird. when i tried to testplay the map, the red anchor dissapeared but the slider shape stays the same. it's as if the red anchor is invisible. should've probably test this beforehand tbh.

Well, it's technically still about our sliders, so not offtopic.

Fun Fact: You can copy adobe illustrator pen tool tutorials to make slider shapes lol

img

(the smaller circles are gray anchors, squares are red ones)

Asphiee

icytors wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

icytors wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

Fun Fact: You can copy adobe illustrator pen tool tutorials to make slider shapes lol

img

That's a fun fact right there. Didn't know this until now, thanks man
GPR

icytors wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

icytors wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

img

Interesting, probably both use same algorithm.
Chiru-kun
photoshop pen tool and osu sliders is the same mentality for me

btw heres my slider. i have a sort of fascination for this shape. i found the generic wave slider boring for some case so i did this. here:

Asphiee
i confess. the last slider made me wet
Topic Starter
qwt

Asphyre wrote:

i confess. the last slider made me wet
why asphyre it's just osu slider
Appetible
Symmetry sliders :3

Topic Starter
qwt

Appetible wrote:

Symmetry sliders :3

I love you
DeletedUser_5153421

renzthegreat wrote:

photoshop pen tool and osu sliders is the same mentality for me

btw heres my slider. i have a sort of fascination for this shape. i found the generic wave slider boring for some case so i did this. here:
oooh that is interesting... cosine wave are a nice change compared to the sin/tangent but it's hard to get comfrotable movement out of it. however, for sliderart it's an easier way to make an 'eyeball' shape as well.

img
redone ver of sotark's 'eye' slider
not saying it's any better, but it's a different style

oh, it also gave me idea for this semi-teardrop type of slider, i guess it's interesting.
Chiru-kun

icytors wrote:

img
redone ver of sotark's 'eye' slider
not saying it's any better, but it's a different style

oh, it also gave me idea for this semi-teardrop type of slider, i guess it's interesting.
arara eyeball slider pog

also cosine sliders? pfft! cute name