forum

Apparently, getting a perfect score depends on spinners...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flr
There is this thing that I always liked when getting a FC in osu!standard:

So, I think I discovered something. I do not follow much about taiko, I just play the game, so maybe this thing is already known. But something bothered me when I saw that my FC on this map didn't show "Perfect":

After some days, that was still in my head. And today I went on my full combos list trying to figure out what the hell makes it count as a full combo for osu!taiko.
In osu!standard, there is something like this: you can keep the combo if you skip slider ends, but you're gonna lose the maximum combo that you could get at the end of the beatmap.
In osu!taiko: yes, you have to hit all dons and kats properly. However, apparently, even if you get a full combo, you're not getting a perfect score if the map you play has spinners.

Here are some examples:

beatmap with no spinners:

score:

beatmap with spinners:

score:

(btw i love this song)

I did some tests after I notice this, and they confirm that even with autoplay you can't get the "Perfect" if there is a spinner in the beatmap.

I want to know if this was an intended thing for some reason and if other people already knew this.

Thanks for reading!
apaajaboleh10
It seems to behave that way when you're using score v1.
ss/15698634/4a50
But it still gives the perfect thing when you're using score v2 regardless of spinners.
ss/15698640/70e4
The beatmap that I tried has 3 spinners.

Beatmap link : beatmapsets/931765#taiko/1945499

EDIT : I don't know if it was intended, but imo it's probably coded poorly.
BRIKZ
yeah, taiko graph seems weird
Astrid Park
this is so interesting
Topic Starter
flr

apaajaboleh10 wrote:

it still gives the perfect thing when you're using score v2 regardless of spinners
yeah, i used score v1 for every test i did...
Meseta

flr wrote:

There is this thing that I always liked when getting a FC in osu!standard:

So, I think I discovered something. I do not follow much about taiko, I just play the game, so maybe this thing is already known. But something bothered me when I saw that my FC on this map didn't show "Perfect":

After some days, that was still in my head. And today I went on my full combos list trying to figure out what the hell makes it count as a full combo for osu!taiko.
In osu!standard, there is something like this: you can keep the combo if you skip slider ends, but you're gonna lose the maximum combo that you could get at the end of the beatmap.
In osu!taiko: yes, you have to hit all dons and kats properly. However, apparently, even if you get a full combo, you're not getting a perfect score if the map you play has spinners.

Here are some examples:

beatmap with no spinners:

score:

beatmap with spinners:

score:

(btw i love this song)

I did some tests after I notice this, and they confirm that even with autoplay you can't get the "Perfect" if there is a spinner in the beatmap.

I want to know if this was an intended thing for some reason and if other people already knew this.

Thanks for reading!
btw I love Credits of Frums (the map u showed) xD
Sugar_owo
I know i freaking love taiko but still like this is the worst part of the mode.
i hate spinners, im gonna break my keys on day.
somebody_33
I believe taiko spinners dont contribute towards acc, only dons and kas.
Still, spinners are worth the points.
eatarse4life
PP