forum

[Proposal] Maps Should Not Disrespect a Songs Purpose/Value

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mentally Insane
Proposed Rule:

1. Maps Should Not Disrespect a Songs Purpose and or Value. It is disrespectful to the artist for the song to be mapped to be used instead of enjoyed, unless they made it for that reason.
I think this is important because many songs are mapped for the wrong reasons. I think maps should compliment and represent a song, but at the same time not attempt to use it for the benefit of the mapper or the players playing it. How would the artists feel if their song was not being appreciated and only used to gain something out of it, unless that is said purpose of course.

This should be a guideline in the general of all the all mode rc as sometimes this is hard to avoid, but definitely possible. Also, in cases where it is proven unintentional or not sufficient enough, it could be exempted.

To Put My Proposal Simply, A song should be mapped for its artistic value and not to be used for potential gain, unless that is said purpose of the song.
Nao Tomori
i can guess at your intention, but this is basically covered by existing rc rules about cuts having to maintain a reasonable song structure and general quality standards...
aiq
while i can understand your point, it's very unlikely that this will take effect and i personally don't agree with this. just look at mappers' guild for example, basically everyone maps for the rewards and not for the maps itself
lewski
way too vague to be the slightest bit enforceable
Dialect
uhh, disagree here.

when mappers say "oh it's disrespectful to the artist to map it generically," they're contradicting theirselves. first, i bet you didn't ask the singer whether you can use their song. second, what's the harm in mapping it generically?

sure it's the artist's song, but it's the mapper's map, and you shouldn't control how they map a song.
Serizawa Haruki
I'm not sure what you mean by "use a song to gain something out of it". Mappers choose songs based on what they like, the only thing they gain is enjoyment. Besides, it's not possible to know the intentions behind a map so I think this has no place in the RC.
Zelzatter Zero
You said that many songs are mapped for the wrong reason, but can you signify what good and bad reasons are?

You can make a pp map enjoyable, but also make a map that perfectly matches the song but some players won't like it (tech maps are some examples)

This is way too subjective to be considered as just a guideline, let alone rules.

In conclusion, I don't approve of this proposal.
PaRaDogi
I understand you intentions but its extremly unlogical to apply a rule like that.

First: what does disrespectfull even mean when it comes to mapping. I understand that cuting a song can be but not how you map it. Representation of music in form of mapping is subjective. Thats why we have bng and nat to check the quality of maps.

Second: why should the artist of a song care how something is mapped that its dissrespectfull. As a example the fa songs are to us avaible to map and play around with. I dont think a artist will come and attack a mapper for being "dissrespectfull to the song.

The value of a song is to entertain the person listening the song at the same time its our value to creat maps for players to play
DeletedUser_5153421
pishifat
i think replies have made it clear that this isn't clear enough to be on the ranking criteria. sorry :(