forum

[web] osu!wiki bugs [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]
The first issue: some JS are completely not working now.

Here some examples:

^ this is [[Special:RecentChanges]]. All edits should be collapsed at start.

or http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Beatmap_Editor

{{Contents}}, {{Editor}} and other similar templates are broken.
You can't even edit Preferences.

The second issue: it's impossible to direct a cursor at 'watch the article' in the pulldown when it contains 4 lines. Try to subscribe Beatmapping article!

(delete, rename, protect, watch)
TheVileOne
I really don't know about your particular issues, but clicking that link has a very glaring issue for me.

^left panel is off the screen

Using Firefox Version 18.01
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

TheVileOne wrote:

I really don't know about your particular issues, but clicking that link has a very glaring issue for me.

^left panel is off the screen

Using Firefox Version 18.01
Fixed. I hope peppy won't kill me for the way I've fixed this D:
TheVileOne
It works just fine for me. I would check your other issues, but I've never really logged into the wiki before.
Repflez
It affects Special:Preferences and the advanced wiki editor too.

The advanced wiki editor doesn't load and Special:Preferences won't change the tab, so is stuck at the "User profile" tab.

Edit: I fixed the second issue (Dellirium's one, not mine), I think. It was a CSS problem.
peppy
Your changes broke my perfect styling. I am rolling back for now. Please open threads in here with specific issues and we will fix them one at a time at my end. The wiki editable css will be removed soon.
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

Your changes broke my perfect styling.
Perfect? Seriously? There are artifacts from old styling and navigation bar is completely out of style...

I am rolling back for now. Please open threads in here with specific issues and we will fix them one at a time at my end.
I did these changes not to store them in common.css forever, it's for you to just move them to the skin (I hope I did the styling properly). I'd like to see this because your rollback broke new {{OL}} now.

The wiki editable css will be removed soon.
Is this so nesessary? Only me and Repflez can edit it. So if you tell not to do then we won't. I still suggest not to remove it, because this article can be needed for add new templates, which involve new styles.
peppy
I am planning on keeping the css in line with the main site. If you need changes, you can ask me directly.
Repflez
I think I found why the wiki JS doesn't work:

And the implementation of {{OL}} in the sidebar is broken since it doesn't show the links it needs to show (it's asking for RU:Sidebar and similar pages). I could rollback the changes but I need first peppy's permission to do it but this is not the place to ask that.
peppy
I removed the OL display until it is fixed to display in the main navigation bar. Please fix it there if you can (do not use the separate section for it).
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

I removed the OL display until it is fixed to display in the main navigation bar. Please fix it there if you can (do not use the separate section for it).
I did something and it works. Untill you change the language of the wiki.
peppy
It's still pushing custom styling in there, which is wrong. You should only be adding "*" points to that document.
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

It's still pushing custom styling in there, which is wrong. You should only be adding "*" points to that document.
I can't use common.css and there is no completed styles so I haven't choice. Do I?
peppy
Can you not use the standard wiki formatting as per the other links int he sidebar?
Topic Starter
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

Can you not use the standard wiki formatting as per the other links int he sidebar?
Sure. Just tell where I should rewrite the code and why, because I want to know what are you planning
peppy
I actually have no idea how that works. Is it a plugin or something? It would likely be faster if I fix it, but I'll need some explanation to exactly how it was working before. I've tried to read the code that was there and it was not so legible.
Repflez
The {{OL}} code? I'll try my best to explain it since I'm part of that mess made template.

Basically works like this:

- The template expects an article name for each language. It uses that to know what part of the template to use.
- If a name was specified it returns the "formated" link as [[LANG:ARTICLE NAME|LANGUAGE NAME]] where LANG is the language of the article, ARTICLE NAME for the name of the article specified before and LANGUAGE NAME is the name of the language that the user will see. With the current code, the link in this case will show even if the article doesn't exist.
- If the name is not specified then the template uses another code to link the article. In this case the template searchs pages with the LANG: prefix of the current article name. If a page is found, a link to it will appear on the template. In this case, the link will appear only if the article exists.

I tried my best to explain this. English is not my main language after all.