forum

Religious Freedom

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wishy
Already answered and somewhat explained, you have nothing to do here really.
Kanye West
Except it's not a nihilistic argument. Nihilism is based on the fact that life is meaningless, I'm arguing that life means everything and death means nothing. You can't change death, once you are dead, you are dead. But you can change the meaning of your own life.
Look, imagine yourself in the moment where you know your death is approaching. Say, you have cancer and the doctor says its terminal (for the sake of argument lets assume there is still no cure to cancer at that point). You are still alive, therefore in pursuit of happiness, but now you have to deal with the burden that your dead is near; it scares you because you know, as an atheist, that the life you put so much meaning and importance into is about to end. What do you do? Not asking a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking you for an answer.
I would be happy with my achievements and what meaning I put into my life, maybe I would do some fun stuff/go somewhere depending on how much time I had left, and then I would die, just like everyone else. In fact, I'm happy with my achievements now and wouldn't mind dying tomorrow. Every minute I live after that just makes my life even more meaningful. I don't understand why there's this stigma that athiests fear death or something

Fine, then you need a device that can detect objects more than 13.77 billion light years away, but we don't have the technology. It has nothing to do with the validity of the theory, only technological limitations.
I'm not an expert in the topic, and neither are you, but I'm pretty sure I read Stephen Hawking (who is an expert on the topic) saying that such thing is impossible. It is not possible to know what happened before the big bang. I would double-check and see if I'm correct and post a link, but honestly that goes beyond the effort I would put into a forum post.
Plato was also an "expert" astronomer in ancient Greece; he thought it was impossible to put a man on the moon. Even Hawking doesn't know everything. I'm saying that we need to constantly learn and make advances. Maybe today's impossible will be tomorrow's possible.
Purple
I don't mind the argument. I derive strong pleasure from tormenting dumb atheists and theists alike.
Bweh

Wishy wrote:

Given the ambiguity and how lost I am from lack of context, yeah.
Wishy

Brian OA wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Given the ambiguity and how lost I am, yeah.
Can't do more than tell you to either read or at least watch some documentary related to that. But I doubt it will be of any use since you still can't understand between the difference of denying something exists because there is no evidence and assuming something exists because there is no proof that it doesn't.

a: I have a pencil, can't show it to you or anything but I have it.
b: I have no reason to believe you have it until you show it to me.

Now, if a were religious.

a: But you can't prove I dont have it so I still can say I have it.
b: I can see your hands and you don't have any...
a: That's because I put it into my anus.

Then continue that analogy using any retarded example and you can replace some words and get the very same discussion we're having.
Kanye West

Wishy wrote:

Can't do more than tell you to either read or at least watch some documentary related to that. But I doubt it will be of any use since you still can't understand between the difference of denying something exists because there is no evidence and assuming something exists because there is no proof that it doesn't.

Now, if a were religious.

a: But you can't prove I dont have it so I still can say I have it.
b: I can see your hands and you don't have any...
a: That's because I put it into my anus.

Then continue that analogy using any retarded example and you can replace some words and get the very same discussion we're having.
So is god hiding in my anus?

Oh yeah, I'm not atheist
Wishy
I got a huge invisible penis AND YOU CAN'T PROVE I DON'T.

Yes God is an ass man so he hides in your anus.
Kanye West

Wishy wrote:

I got a huge invisible penis AND YOU CAN'T PROVE I DON'T.
At least you got the invisible part right.
Wishy
Nope sorry you can't prove it my penis is as big as a whole galaxy and I can summon it whenever I want you can't prove me wrong sry big big yeah.
Kanye West

Wishy wrote:

Nope sorry you can't prove it my penis is as big as a whole galaxy and I can summon it whenever I want you can't prove me wrong sry big big yeah.
In maybe 50 years, my research team will conclude our study using cutting-edge technology and prove our initial hypothesis that your invisible penis is actually only 3 millimeters long, with a 99.9% confidence interval.
Wishy
See you in 50 years.
Purple
I would be happy with my achievements and what meaning I put into my life, maybe I would do some fun stuff/go somewhere depending on how much time I had left, and then I would die, just like everyone else. In fact, I'm happy with my achievements now and wouldn't mind dying tomorrow. Every minute I live after that just makes my life even more meaningful. I don't understand why there's this stigma that athiests fear death or something
So, the argument I'm making is moot (for you) because you don't fear death in the first place. I'm going to put a slight doubt into that which trust me you are not going to be able to shake off from me.

Plato was also an "expert" astronomer in ancient Greece; he thought it was impossible to put a man on the moon. Even Hawking doesn't know everything. I'm saying that we need to constantly learn and make advances. Maybe today's impossible will be tomorrow's possible.
But thats the notion of today's science, not just Stephen Hawking. He backs up everything he says with science. If science says something is true then it must objectively be true, right? Unless some error was made during the scientific method.

If you are going to cast doubt on today's validity of science, then you might as well do it again in the future. If you are going to say that science can't answer ALL questions, then my point remains that religion can take refugee in those questions left unanswered. Btw, this not shit I'm making up, I'm actually paraphrasing Albert Einstein.
Bweh

Wishy wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

Given the ambiguity and how lost I am, yeah.
I can understand the difference. I was actually referring to:

Wishy wrote:

Seeing as though my last post made several points, not just one, I wasn't sure what you were referring to with your post.
Bweh
Just one last thing:

It doesn't mean I don't have the pen though. While it's likely that I don't have it given my awkward attitude about it, it can't be taken as a fact.

And why the hell are discussing this here when we could be doing it in chat
Kanye West
But thats the notion of today's science, not just Stephen Hawking. He backs up everything he says with science. If science says something is true then it must objectively be true, right? Unless some error was made during the scientific method.

If you are going to cast doubt on today's validity of science, then you might as well do it again in the future. If you are going to say that science can't answer ALL questions, then my point remains that religion can take refugee in those questions left unanswered. Btw, this not shit I'm making up, I'm actually paraphrasing Albert Einstein.
Scientific discoveries are valid if they are reproducible and/or no error in method, like you said. They are also modified/nullified if other studies with better methods had different results and were reproduced the same way. But then you're forgetting that today's science doesn't know everything there is to know about that subject in the first place, and there may be discoveries in the future that show otherwise. Scientific knowledge is constantly changing, but everything we do know is valid to the best of our knowledge. As for that last point, as long as the universe is infinite, there will be an infinite amount of unanswered questions. So basically it is an endless process, and that means we have to continually lend our support to researchers to find actual answers rather than make random assumptions to answer those questions. And we don't know if science can answer every question, but lack of knowledge =/= impossibility. I guess the optimistic approach here would be to be patient, work hard, expand our knowledge base, and question/re-question/test current knowledge. Meanwhile, a nihilistic approach would just be to say, fuck it, god did it, nothing to do here anymore.

Brian OA wrote:

Just one last thing:

It doesn't mean I don't have the pen though. While it's likely that I don't have it given my awkward attitude about it, it can't be taken as a fact.

And why the hell are discussing this here when we could be doing it in chat
Well then, three possibilities really:
1. You don't have the pencil
2. You have the pencil, but have a specific reason to hide it from him, making you either elitist or shady as fuck
3. The pencil is in your anus
Wishy
Or your anus is in the pencil, in case you're in Russia you gotta cover all of the possibilities.
Kanye West

Wishy wrote:

Or your anus is in the pencil, in case you're in Russia you gotta cover all of the possibilities.
Wait so in Soviet Russia did everyone create god? Holy shit how does that work
Purple
Scientific discoveries are valid if they are reproducible and/or no error in method, like you said. They are also modified/nullified if other studies with better methods had different results and were reproduced the same way. But then you're forgetting that today's science doesn't know everything there is to know about that subject in the first place, and there may be discoveries in the future that show otherwise. Scientific knowledge is constantly changing, but everything we do know is valid to the best of our knowledge. As for that last point, as long as the universe is infinite, there will be an infinite amount of unanswered questions. So basically it is an endless process, and that means we have to continually lend our support to researchers to find actual answers rather than make random assumptions to answer those questions. And we don't know if science can answer every question, but lack of knowledge =/= impossibility. I guess the optimistic approach here would be to be patient, work hard, expand our knowledge base, and question/re-question/test current knowledge. Meanwhile, a nihilistic approach would just be to say, fuck it, god did it, nothing to do here anymore.
I don't understand why are you saying these things, you might as well say that the big bang theory could be invalidated at some point in the future. You are driving this discussion into a philosophical one of whether everything can be known or not, and frankly, that is territory that I really don't want to get into. Take what I said in my previous posts, theres honestly nothing else I can say about the matter, and the point I was making was initially directed at wishy anyway. He seems to agree with it.
PUG_old_1
Was born in Australia, wasn't brought up with god, am atheist, have no views on Religion, gf is Muslim, yep.
Kanye West

Purple wrote:

I don't understand why are you saying these things, you might as well say that the big bang theory could be invalidated at some point in the future.
maybe

You are driving this discussion into a philosophical one of whether everything can be known or not, and frankly, that is territory that I really don't want to get into. Take what I said in my previous posts, theres honestly nothing else I can say about the matter, and the point I was making was initially directed at wishy anyway. He seems to agree with it.
ok
Soly
A short thought on logic I thought I'd drop in ;w;

Human beings are logical creatures, they have observed that the universe is governed by rules and laws which dictate how reality functions.

Now the concept of god, I'm sure you all understand what being god entails. Humans will then ask the question "Then who created god? And who created gods god?" "What is the point of anything?" "Does this make sense?" "I need proof".

If you understand what god would mean, it would mean that he doesn't have to be governed by any of the rules or laws, because he's the one that made them in the first place. He invented the human mind. If we were told "god simply existed" we couldn't possibly understand how that could be, "But how!? Where did he come from?" etc. Logic has an end, and it's a way of containing something. Is god really a being you can contain or comprehend?

tl;dr logic is overrated
gunterhaben
Human Logic pertaining to a religious aspect. Whether you choose to believe in someone else's religion or not, what you must realize is that no matter what religion you believe in, you can deduce it to the point where every religion has a God. So basically there is one thing we all have in common no matter how different out beliefs, we all believe in a "God" of some sort. That being said, you can argue which religion is right or wrong, but one thing you must come to realize, even if your God is not the same God for someone else, they still believe in a God of sorts. Now me personally, I don't really try and say I am this religion or that religion, because of the fact that I believe in God and that God is what created humanity. God is the almighty ruler that governs our world, and all other worlds within this Universe, now for all we know there may be 1 God or there may be many, there could be a God that governs each individual planetary system, there could even be a God that watches over every planet in this galaxy that contains lifeforms of sorts, we will never know. For those non believers, you can't be egotistical enough to actually believe that in the trillions of stars in this Universe that our Earth is the only planet with lifeforms. I won't go into too much detail pertaining this, but I will say that if you do sincerely believe that Earth is the only planet with life, then you should just leave. If you believe in religion then your mind shouldn't be closed off to the fact that we are not alone out there, and more than likely we are not the smartest either.

I know people will find some way to argue my points, but in all honesty you can argue them all you want, the fact of the matter is, why arge about religion when each religion is based off the same beliefs. God is the creator and that is all you must realize, religion is only different based on the God you worship.

Yes I may have rambled off topic a bit, but I have a theory.
There is no one God who rules our world, there are many Gods who rule planetary systems, and those Gods have a God above them watching over each galaxy, and the Gods of the galaxies are governed by the almighty creator, the God who has no limits, has no bounds, the one who created all matter as we know it.

- Gunterhaben -
Kanye West

gunterhaben wrote:

Human Logic pertaining to a religious aspect. Whether you choose to believe in someone else's religion or not, what you must realize is that no matter what religion you believe in, you can deduce it to the point where every religion has a God. So basically there is one thing we all have in common no matter how different out beliefs, we all believe in a "God" of some sort. That being said, you can argue which religion is right or wrong, but one thing you must come to realize, even if your God is not the same God for someone else, they still believe in a God of sorts. Now me personally, I don't really try and say I am this religion or that religion, because of the fact that I believe in God and that God is what created humanity. God is the almighty ruler that governs our world, and all other worlds within this Universe, now for all we know there may be 1 God or there may be many, there could be a God that governs each individual planetary system, there could even be a God that watches over every planet in this galaxy that contains lifeforms of sorts, we will never know.
Belief =/= fact

gunterhaben wrote:

For those non believers, you can't be egotistical enough to actually believe that in the trillions of stars in this Universe that our Earth is the only planet with lifeforms. I won't go into too much detail pertaining this, but I will say that if you do sincerely believe that Earth is the only planet with life, then you should just leave. If you believe in religion then your mind shouldn't be closed off to the fact that we are not alone out there, and more than likely we are not the smartest either.
I think it's even more egotistical to say that of all planets, "God's son" specifically came to ours, but that's offtopic

gunterhaben wrote:

I know people will find some way to argue my points, but in all honesty you can argue them all you want, the fact of the matter is, why arge about religion when each religion is based off the same beliefs. God is the creator and that is all you must realize, religion is only different based on the God you worship.
Except that it's not certain that there even is a god in the first place, and to think otherwise is plain ignorant

gunterhaben wrote:

Yes I may have rambled off topic a bit, but I have a theory.
There is no one God who rules our world, there are many Gods who rule planetary systems, and those Gods have a God above them watching over each galaxy, and the Gods of the galaxies are governed by the almighty creator, the God who has no limits, has no bounds, the one who created all matter as we know it.

- Gunterhaben -
So there are an infinite amount of gods, in some kind of weird hierarchy, each with their own little piece of infinity, with one big bang god

~makes perfect sense~
gunterhaben
Ahh, you are one of those types of people who try and over think a simple theory that is just too complex for your inferior mind.
What I said is, I believe that there is 1 God who rules over the Universe, 1 God for each Galaxy, and 1 God for each Planetary system that sustains lifeforms. Therefore there is not an "infinite number of Gods" as you try and put words in my mouth. If you have trouble grasping my concept then it just shows how closed minded you are when it pertains to religion. You think your religion is right and that every other person who doesn't believe in your religion is wrong.

You can try and argue my point all night, I really have no issues with correcting you.

Last thing I will say, don't reply to someone's post if you don't read all the way through, and if you don't understand what someone is trying to tell you then ask questions, don't make assumptions that make you look like a smart a**.
Kanye West

gunterhaben wrote:

Ahh, you are one of those types of people who try and over think a simple theory that is just too complex for your inferior mind.
What I said is, I believe that there is 1 God who rules over the Universe, 1 God for each Galaxy, and 1 God for each Planetary system that sustains lifeforms. Therefore there is not an "infinite number of Gods" as you try and put words in my mouth. If you have trouble grasping my concept then it just shows how closed minded you are when it pertains to religion. You think your religion is right and that every other person who doesn't believe in your religion is wrong.

You can try and argue my point all night, I really have no issues with correcting you.

Last thing I will say, don't reply to someone's post if you don't read all the way through, and if you don't understand what someone is trying to tell you then ask questions, don't make assumptions that make you look like a smart a**.
You're the one making assumptions, lol. If you have no knowledge of simple astronomy, don't make silly "theories". The universe is infinite, it contains an infinite number of galaxies and solar systems. Under your "theory", there is one god for every solar system and every galaxy. Therefore, an infinite number of gods.

Also, you made the assumption that I even have a religion to begin with.
gunterhaben
Once again, you are putting words in my mouth. You really have an inferior mind, I am explaining this in the simplest of terms.

I have studied stars, planetary systems, I've even mapped out planetary systems further than what scientists reveal to the public. You really have no knowledge that can compete with what I have seen. I will say this once more, please try and follow this time.

You may believe that our Universe is Infinite, and you may be right, but what you do not come to terms with is that this entire Universe was created by some greater power. For all we know, "time" can be made up, and there could be no beginning, or end to this Universe.

The simple Theory (if you don't know what a Theory is then I am wasting my time) is that there is 1 God that created the Universe as we know it. That God governs the entire Universe, and for all we know there may be millions of other Gods in which govern each of the galaxies in which the Ruler chooses to create. I am not saying that there is indefinately a God to govern each galaxy and planetary system, I am saying that there is a possibility in which there are many Gods.

In each of your posts you try and bring "Logic" into the equation, but as I stated in my first post, I am trying to broaden your mind and show you that if you are open minded about religion as a whole, and not just what your particular religion tells you to believe, that you may see things from a different perspective. Logic is what you are taught to believe in as you grow from infancy, what you don't realize is that all propeganda is basically telling you the same thing, follow what the government says, in whatever country you reside in, and you will be "safe" or "free". It's all psychological so you don't even realize it but you, to put it bluntly, are being brianwashed into believing what you see.

With that being said, you can either choose to read this and learn from it, or you can choose to try and argue my points with your "Logic" and what you have been told to believe.
Seph
dude wtf are you smoking
Ephemeral
someone says hey, ephemeral, here's a box. there's something in this box, but you can't open it at any point to check if the box is actually there. but there is something there, i promise you.

so you sit and you look at the box, and it seems closed, just looks like an ordinary box. you shake it to see what's inside and you don't feel anything rattling around inside, it isn't particularly heavy, or anything like that.

logically speaking, the key assumption most people would make here is oh hey, the box is empty. since you can't open the box because you're not allowed (ie, you just can't), you go about telling people who see the box that hey, this box has nothing in it.

this does not mean the box has something in it, nor does this mean the box has nothing in it. it's a fucking box. there could be a goddamn sheet of paper with a dick drawn on it stuck to the side of the box and since the paper is so light you wouldn't even be able to tell it was there, yet the box still has something in it. but until you open it, you won't know if there's anything inside it or not. and since you can't open it, you'll never know until you can open it.

now take this poorly constructed analogy and shift stuff around for a bit. in my case (from my earlier posts), i shake the box and hear something rattling inside. in wishy's case, he shakes the box, hears nothing, and suddenly realizes how meaningless his life is in the grand scheme of things. kanye shakes the box and suddenly starts thinking about anuses and pencils. gunterhaben shakes the box and immediately starts looking for the box that the smaller box is obviously held inside.

what's the moral of the story?

you don't know what's in the goddamn box until you open the fucking box no matter how hard you sit down and try to logically rationalize it. at the end of the day, we all do it differently. for me, there is something in the box, because somebody told me there was and when i shake it, i think i hear something. when wishy shakes the box, he hears nothing and thus the box has nothing in it. neither of us are any more right than the other, because we simply don't fucking know.

now get off my fucking lawn and start talking about the pope or something before i close this shitty thread
kriers
I couldn't stop thinking about pandora's box
gunterhaben

Ephemeral wrote:

someone says hey, ephemeral, here's a box. there's something in this box, but you can't open it at any point to check if the box is actually there. but there is something there, i promise you.

so you sit and you look at the box, and it seems closed, just looks like an ordinary box. you shake it to see what's inside and you don't feel anything rattling around inside, it isn't particularly heavy, or anything like that.

logically speaking, the key assumption most people would make here is oh hey, the box is empty. since you can't open the box because you're not allowed (ie, you just can't), you go about telling people who see the box that hey, this box has nothing in it.

this does not mean the box has something in it, nor does this mean the box has nothing in it. it's a fucking box. there could be a goddamn sheet of paper with a dick drawn on it stuck to the side of the box and since the paper is so light you wouldn't even be able to tell it was there, yet the box still has something in it. but until you open it, you won't know if there's anything inside it or not. and since you can't open it, you'll never know until you can open it.

now take this poorly constructed analogy and shift stuff around for a bit. in my case (from my earlier posts), i shake the box and hear something rattling inside. in wishy's case, he shakes the box, hears nothing, and suddenly realizes how meaningless his life is in the grand scheme of things. kanye shakes the box and suddenly starts thinking about anuses and pencils. gunterhaben shakes the box and immediately starts looking for the box that the smaller box is obviously held inside.

what's the moral of the story?

you don't know what's in the goddamn box until you open the fucking box no matter how hard you sit down and try to logically rationalize it. at the end of the day, we all do it differently. for me, there is something in the box, because somebody told me there was and when i shake it, i think i hear something. when wishy shakes the box, he hears nothing and thus the box has nothing in it. neither of us are any more right than the other, because we simply don't fucking know.

now get off my fucking lawn and start talking about the pope or something before i close this shitty thread

You just proved my point exactly, everyone thinks the "Logical" explanation because it's what they were "told" it takes an average mind to think like that. You can keep arguing all you want it just keeps proving my point. I am saying that people think logically because it is what they are told, and you have proven exactly that with your entire post.

I was enlightening people on the ideal of thinking OUTSIDE the box, and instead of using LOGIC to explain every aspect of our lives, that we should broaden our horizon and think more open mindedly about what things can possibly mean. None of you can even take that little concept and digest it in your insignificant brains due to the fact that you all keep going around in cirlces. "The logical explanation is..." that's all you think because that is what you were taught.

Now before you post something else that has to deal with "LOGIC" read this post and think, posting more about logic and what makes sense, is just proving my point that you are all close minded fools who have no creativity and/or have no will of your own. You are puppets who do what they are told, and think how they are told.

This is just a little something to try and help you open your eyes to this world of ours, but I highly doubt that any one of you will be able to understand the concept, therefore if you do not understand the concept do not be stupid enough to post further comments.
PUG_old_1

kriers wrote:

I couldn't stop thinking about pandora's box
yeah, same
Ephemeral

gunterhaben wrote:

You just proved my point exactly, everyone thinks the "Logical" explanation because it's what they were "told" it takes an average mind to think like that. You can keep arguing all you want it just keeps proving my point. I am saying that people think logically because it is what they are told, and you have proven exactly that with your entire post.

I was enlightening people on the ideal of thinking OUTSIDE the box, and instead of using LOGIC to explain every aspect of our lives, that we should broaden our horizon and think more open mindedly about what things can possibly mean. None of you can even take that little concept and digest it in your insignificant brains due to the fact that you all keep going around in cirlces. "The logical explanation is..." that's all you think because that is what you were taught.

Now before you post something else that has to deal with "LOGIC" read this post and think, posting more about logic and what makes sense, is just proving my point that you are all close minded fools who have no creativity and/or have no will of your own. You are puppets who do what they are told, and think how they are told.

This is just a little something to try and help you open your eyes to this world of ours, but I highly doubt that any one of you will be able to understand the concept, therefore if you do not understand the concept do not be stupid enough to post further comments.
everyone thinks the logical conclusion first because it is the first viable conclusion that can be met with the evidence presented to them. this is not indicative of an "average mind" or whatever horseshit you want to label people with to make yourself feel more intelligent, it is base human behaviour and an intrinsic part of interacting with your environment. what you are doing is basically labeling people negatively because they have the GALL to drink water. what kind of sub human fuck does that? they clearly must be a lesser mind because who in their right mind drinks water, right?

you have some nerve criticizing people for laughing at your idea when all you've done is assign an arbitrary numerical value to the number of divinity present in another arbitrary measure of space. why does it have to be one god per galaxy? why not five hundred? what if every atom in our universe is actually an individual god?

just get out, seriously
tyrael6192
(eph i love you)
Cropzy

Ephemeral wrote:

gunterhaben wrote:

everyone thinks the logical conclusion first because it is the first viable conclusion that can be met with the evidence presented to them. this is not indicative of an "average mind" or whatever horseshit you want to label people with to make yourself feel more intelligent, it is base human behaviour and an intrinsic part of interacting with your environment. what you are doing is basically labeling people negatively because they have the GALL to drink water. what kind of sub human fuck does that? they clearly must be a lesser mind because who in their right mind drinks water, right?

you have some nerve criticizing people for laughing at your idea when all you've done is assign an arbitrary numerical value to the number of divinity present in another arbitrary measure of space. why does it have to be one god per galaxy? why not five hundred? what if every atom in our universe is actually an individual god?

just get out, seriously
I strongly disagree eph.

i sense mad
Vish024
Just like to mention that I love Eph even though he's from Sydney which, frankly, is a silly place.
silmarilen

Kanye West wrote:

The universe is infinite, it contains an infinite number of galaxies and solar systems. Under your "theory", there is one god for every solar system and every galaxy. Therefore, an infinite number of gods.
saying the universe is infinite is the same as saying there is a god.there is no way to prove it.
in the case of the universe because we can only see 13billion lightyears away.

gunterhaben its great that you have a different view on all this than 99.9999% of the people, but dont go around saying that everybody who disagrees with you is inferior, that is just ignorant.
Yarissa

gunterhaben wrote:

Just a few things:
Logic =/= What you are told
Logic is the use of criteria (both valid and faulty) to prove a point
Creativity is a good thing, I don't deny it. However creativity and logic can go hand and hand together. You're allowed to have both, you know.

I personally am a skeptic athiest and will believe in nothing without definitive, factual proof. While you may think that believing in logic and proof is dumb, I, however, think it is very smart. On the other hand, while faith in a higher being or multiple higher beings may be warranted it is not necessarily the smarter opinion. That's exactly what this arguement boils down to, though, conflicting opinions. You can tell me all you want about multiple gods and your crazy polytheistic theories and I won't believe a single word of it until you can show me those gods exist.

If thinking without logic means I'm going to believe in some wacko polytheistic theory about the universe, I have no desire to think that way.
Ekaru
Congratulations, gunterhaben! You have gone full retard. Unfortunately, you should never go full retard.

Also, I think the pope's hat looks funny and I don't like that he approves his church's anti-gay-marriage propaganda.
Bweh
The guy's resigning soon, though
DaddyCoolVipper
Hello I'd like to add good reasoning for being an atheist

There have been thousands of religions over the course of human life, and there will be thousands more. To pick one, be it Christianity, Islam, etc is being almost as atheist as, well, an atheist. You're saying that thousands of gods don't exist either way.

Of all the religions that have ever existed, there has not been a single shred of evidence for any of them. Something so big and influential would surely leave evidence to observe, but the only things we can test (creationism as in the Bible, for example) have been proven completely wrong (fossil record, carbon dating).

Until we're presented with any evidence at all for a God, it's pretty ridiculous to simply say that there is one. A god isn't necessary to explain how we came to being anymore, although it was the best guess years ago.
show more