forum

Religious Freedom

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aqo

discuss
IppE
Religions are all quite silly and pointless.
Milkshake
I only believe in IppE.
mathexpert
silmarilen

IppE wrote:

gurodoll_old
They're a good source of war, strife and hate.
CaptainJustice
It's better to believe without any religious shit.
True faith is deep inside the soul. But many people fight for their religion. And if they believe in good God, why do they do evil?
Tanzklaue
religion is an outdated concept. it was important in older times, because without lies nobody would seek for the truth, but now it's really just an old concept that brings more evil than it brings good things. you could argue that religion brings us important ethics, but ethics are deeply implemented in our culture, so we won't lose them if religion vanishes.

tl;dr

IppE wrote:

Jaysaurus Rex
People can believe what they like as long as it is not forced upon others, so they can believe in the fairy god mother and i will not care, but as soon as they start shoving that belief on others forcefully thats when i think fuck you.
Aurani
There's nothing wrong in believing in something supernatural just because it brings you hope/internal peace etc. but if you speak about religions as organisations,mainly the most influential ones like Christianity and Islam,I'd say that there's absolutely no need for them,the only reason why they even exist is to rule the masses,just because 99,9% of Earth's population consists of intellectually deranged people which behave like sheep in a way,so it's pretty much easy to control them with something they couldn't possibly understand.
Gosh I hate my poor vocabulary,can't even properly explain what I wanted to say...oh well...

gurodoll wrote:

They're a good source of war, strife and hate.
You forgot money mate.
Kanye West
I don't think religion is inherently bad. People are just retarded for manipulating it and misinterpreting it. There are a lot of really cool religious people who keep it to themselves and are otherwise unbiased. Basically instead of blaming religion, blame the person for using it in a retarded way.
Wojjan
DaddyCoolVipper
this thread will go very well I assure you my friend
Aurani

Wojjan wrote:

meanwhile: http://www.allout.org/en/actions/georgia
Let's go back to the middle ages when people like those burnt people who weren't by their "standards"... where is this world going

Hika
Religion is only partly pointless but I can tolerate it as long as I'm not forced to believe something I deem false in my own personal circumstances. It's only meant to be a belief system, not a way of life. That may be a bit hypocritical coming from me as I have partly adopted the Buddhist life style, but that is personally what I believe; there is no way for me to go against how my mother feels about things unless it is out of hand.
gurodoll_old
Saṃsāra, my mind it wanders a dark forest.
noneed
fuck religion
Wojjan
The thing about religious freedom topics in a place like this is that everyone is going to say the same thing, generally: "religion is okay etc etc, but it shouldn't impose itself on other people etc etc, my mind wanders in a dark forest etc etc"
Hika
my mind wanders in a dark forest
Aurani
All our minds wander in a dark forest
show more