forum

not delete backgrounds but osu! get angry [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
asaink
I don't delete backgrounds but osu! get angry, when play this map.http://osu.ppy.sh/b/48969

Kuroneko-sHerald
Seems that the BG is gone.
To temporary fix this problem donwload this file and put it on the song folder.
Arnold0
Sometimes some ranked maps got a update, and after that, the BG is not working and osu! say it's angry, even if the BG is still on the map folder... I belive update map should download NEW BGs if a RANKED map one is changed, or osu! should not say it's angry if the one used before the update is still on the map folder. :!:
deadbeat

Arnold0 wrote:

I belive update map should download NEW BGs if a RANKED map one is change
osz2 \o\ /o/
Arnold0
I just took a video of how this append :
Here

Sorry there is an encoding bug, the sound is not synced with the video.
Topic Starter
asaink

Kuroneko-sHerald wrote:

Seems that the BG is gone.
To temporary fix this problem donwload this file and put it on the song folder.
It is fixed.Thanks! :)
deadbeat

asaink wrote:

It is fixed.Thanks! :)
then i shall mark as resolved.

also when osz2 comes out, if there are missing files, you'll be required to update, hopefully this won't be too far away
bannanabill
Um, I'm not sure what "osz2" is (I guess I assume its some update to osu's file format for beatmaps) and I have no idea if it still has yet to be released or not but this thread appears to be 4 years old but I'm still having this same problem described here. I also know at least 2 other people having the same problem as me too and nothing fixes the background image once its not recognized by osu. Me and my friends have tried taking the picture out and putting back into the song folder and even re-downloading the entire beatmap but nothing has fixed it... Is there an update coming that might fix this or has it been thought to be resolved? Any help would be great :D
Lanturn
t/338103

"Bumping Policy
Threads that are more than 5 days old and/or have been pushed to the second page of the Help forum will probably not be handled. If this happened to a thread of yours, feel free to post in the thread to bring it back to the front page.

Please do not bump threads in the Resolved Issues sub-forum if you are not the thread owner."

-- As for your question. the picture must be the same filename as what the .osu file is requesting. You can use any picture as long as it has the same file name and is a supported format (jpg, png for example) | You can find this in the events section of the .osu file.
bannanabill
Ok. Thanks