forum

How to map the pattern consistently( osu mania)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WesleyWK
Hey there! I was thinking how to map consistently in a certain parts of music, just like ranked beatmaps. I hope I can rank my map.

I tried some ways like mirroring the pattern, or changing notes' column to left/right. But it just seems to boring to play with less variation on the map. Hope any pros mapper can give me some tips/guide

Much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0jSwfcJA74&feature=share
this is the song that I want to map
abraker
It sound like you are more or less using the same pattern to represent similar things in the song. If you are mirroring, flipping, etc that may feel repetitive yea. Come up with a set of 3 unique patterns that follow a similiar thing and alternate between those patterns in a 1-2-1-3-1-2-1-3 manner. Flip / mirror / shift some of those parts and I think it will feel like it will have enough variation. You can also mix it up and do 2-1-2-3-2-1-2-3, or 3-1-3-2-3-1-3-2.

In streams the pattern that keeps repeating more often than others would be more related to percussion/beat. In your case, you can alternate between them without worrying about that too much I think.

Key point is to have at least 3 unique patterns in your toolset per thing that keeps repeating and causing you to use similiar patterns. There being 3 of them means you can alternate them in 3 different combinations + random variations.
Topic Starter
WesleyWK
Thank you ! I have more idea for my mapping now