forum

[duplicate] Twitch TV Chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +45
Topic Starter
Disclude
I know this probably wont be a popular request as there aren't that many people who stream Osu! or that many people that watch the Osu! streams on a regular basis, but as someone who streams Osu! quite a bit, I would love if there was a way that the Twitch.tv chat could be integrated into the game, so a streamer could read their chat in game, like they would other chats.

I'm not 100% sure how possible it is, but I figure it would be, since the chat in Osu! and on Twitch.tv both use IRC for their chats. Again, I doubt there will be much support for this, but it's something that I would really like to see, and would make streaming a lot more simple, and make it easier to interact with viewers :D

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this request. <3
Starry-
I guess this is quite a good idea, but I think it's unnecessary imo. Especially if you play windowed, and you have your stream / chat behind it, like me. :I
Could work though.
Topic Starter
Disclude
Well, I play fullscreen, so it's kind of annoying :/ But thanks for the feedback :D
Flanster

Use "Popout". It will show the twitch stream chat in a new browser window.

edit: fullscreen huh, well that cant be helped, play windowed :P
Topic Starter
Disclude

Lolicore Flandre wrote:

I know how popout works lol (that's what I used to do before I decided to just use IRC). I've been using twitch.tv since it was first just justin.tv when justin.tv was still pretty new.
And I hate windowed, so that wont be happening. This could also be accomplished by getting a second monitor and having the chat over there. But again, I'm suggesting this because it is a feature that lets ALL types of users play how they want. People then don't have to use windowed or alt-tab all the time, etc. to read their chat, if they don't want to lol.

Like I said originally. I didn't figure it'd be a popular request, but I still would love to see the idea..could be done to let people join other IRC servers as well so they could chat in their IRC servers and stuff while they're playing Osu!

Either way, thanks for the suggestions :P
Oinari-sama
I'm not familiar with irc setups but I kinda anticipate problems such as channel ownership/rights if this is implemented. Isn't it like trying to merge 2 irc networks into 1 while keeping their respective admin systems without conflict?

Techinical considerations aside, you've kinda said it yourself: there aren't that many regular streamer/visitors so I don't know if the benefit of implementing this justifies for the effort.
MMzz
Link them to the player's #spectator channel? If that's even possible.
theowest

MMzz wrote:

let's hope it is.

This is similar to how the minecraft chat appears as a channel
Topic Starter
Disclude

MMzz wrote:

That's actually a cool idea. Though it may conflict if someone has the same twitch name as someone's in-game name because people don't always have their osu! name as their twitch name, so someone else could have it.
Lemmen
I'm sorry to revive this old thread, this is just incase someone else finds this while googling! but OsuStreamCompanion has this feature t/209616 easy to setup. Again sorry to revive it.
Oinari-sama

TheLemmen wrote:

I'm sorry to revive this old thread, this is just incase someone else finds this while googling! but OsuStreamCompanion has this feature t/209616 easy to setup. Again sorry to revive it.
The Stream Companion gives you a twitch bot, while the OP wants to read twitch chat in osu. It's different.

FYI it's perfectly fine to bump an old unmarked topic in the Feature Request forum if you have something to add. Needlessly bumping them (eg bumping an old thread just to say "no") is not.
xasuma
Minecraft did this. As an example.
Stefan
Moving this as duplicate because t/167286 got way more sp.
Duckygamer13

Flanster wrote:

windowed has more latency, as per what the client says