forum

Practicing Streams.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Knifs
So I've gotten pretty good at the game with 3 and some 5 note patterns (I sometimes end up not hitting all of it even know I know how to do the pattern) and was wondering what is the best way to go about practicing streams. Even though I can S 4 star Oni quite a bit now, its some Oni, Inner Oni and their streams that end my run basically all of the time.

So... I got a few questions:

1)What is the best bpm/patterns to practice streams looking at my best plays?
2)Would you absoloutely recommend any Taiko maps for me to practice streams?
3)What is the best way to reduce rolling aside from having my fingers not stuck on the keys?
4)Should I be splitting the stream into small bits or keep it the same?
5)Be honest. Do my top plays make me overranked due to not being able to do streams and being a tiny bit higher than rank #5000?
6)Am I making enough progress quick enough?

Hopefully with the answers you guys give, I can go further and be able to do streams. Although I really am sorry for putting WAY too many questions to answer since I'm starting to get anxious and don't know I'm good enough and would like to continue improving.

Thank you for reading this forum post.
Astrid Park
Hello fellow taiko player, it seems you have a problem with streams. I may answer most of the questions. I wish this could help (since I'm not that good lmao).

1) Start practicing streaming at a slow BPM, looking at your best plays, it's normal.
2) Try playing, xi - Parousia, Ninjya re Bang Bang - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and uhhh, some Thaehan mapsets.
3) It depends on your playstyle or binds.
4) Some streams are splitted and some are not. But, keep it the same so you can memorize the patterns. By memorizing it, you can be comfortable at those patterns.
5) errrrr no. Your ranked score is high enough to get about 5k, by getting many 150-170pp plays. So that should be enough..?
6) Nahhh, you're really good tbh. :)
_oneegiri44
If you have trouble on reading long streams, try to split the patterns inside the stream in like smaller patters (for example kkddkkddkkkkddddkdk kk-dd-kk-dd-kkkk-dddd-kdk) stamina and speed wise you just have to practice D:
Topic Starter
Knifs

Astrid Park wrote:

Hello fellow taiko player, it seems you have a problem with streams. I may answer most of the questions. I wish this could help (since I'm not that good lmao).

1) Start practicing streaming at a slow BPM, looking at your best plays, it's normal.
2) Try playing, xi - Parousia, Ninjya re Bang Bang - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and uhhh, some Thaehan mapsets.
3) It depends on your playstyle or binds.
4) Some streams are splitted and some are not. But, keep it the same so you can memorize the patterns. By memorizing it, you can be comfortable at those patterns.
5) errrrr no. Your ranked score is high enough to get about 5k, by getting many 150-170pp plays. So that should be enough..?
6) Nahhh, you're really good tbh. :)
I forgot to mention for the 3rd one, I play KDDK with 2 hands and my keybinds are SDKL. This should hopefully answer your question and then mine.
Astrid Park

Knifs wrote:

[quote="Astrid Park"]

I forgot to mention for the 3rd one, I play KDDK with 2 hands and my keybinds are SDKL. This should hopefully answer your question and then mine.
Oh, a KDDK player. Why do your finger keep getting stuck at the keys lmao? Alternate more to be persitent and proficient, I tried that playstyle before, it's a bit hard but you'll really get the hang of it.