forum

Made my first beatmap. Looking for some feedbacks and tips!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rizin
I decided to try out mapping after not finding good maps for some of the songs I really like, and found it surprisingly fun.

Here is my first map: beatmapsets/1266701#osu/2632548
It's my first time so I chose an easy one to map.

I'm planning to map another, more complex song later. So I would really appreciate some feedback, criticism, comments or tips that I can use to make my next map better.

Thank you!
NyoNyoTerbang
Hello.
I just checked your map.
I'm new to mapping aswell, so I can't say much but I do think you mapped it properly.
But I'm kinda curious why you use 1/16 Beat.
Keep up the good work :)
Topic Starter
Rizin

ExeLToshiya wrote:

Hello.
I just checked your map.
I'm new to mapping aswell, so I can't say much but I do think you mapped it properly.
But I'm kinda curious why you use 1/16 Beat.
Keep up the good work :)
Thanks for the reply!

I did initially map it with 1/4 and 1/8 beat. But when I was fine tuning the timing of each notes, certain sections just felt slightly out of place. So, I changed it to 1/16 and discovered that some notes are just 1/16 beat off. It's not that much of a difference but to me, the overall flow just felt a lot more smooth.
WitherMite
If youre using 1/16 snap to make it fit the music, your timing is probably wrong.
jschlatt stan

WitherMite wrote:

If youre using 1/16 snap to make it fit the music, your timing is probably wrong.
yeah in most cases, WitherMite is right.
Topic Starter
Rizin

WitherMite wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

I did have one BPM for the entire song because there were only a few spots where the BPM changes slightly so I thought it was unnecessary to figure out the BPM for those spots. Would you say that it was bad practice and that I should always find all the BPMs?
DeletedUser_13957006

Rizin wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

I did have one BPM for the entire song because there were only a few spots where the BPM changes slightly so I thought it was unnecessary to figure out the BPM for those spots. Would you say that it was bad practice and that I should always find all the BPMs?
always time songs accordingly, even if it takes a lot of time to do so
Topic Starter
Rizin

Blackeei wrote:

Rizin wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

always time songs accordingly, even if it takes a lot of time to do so
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!